Expired

Laptop & Wireless Printer

5 replies
Found 5th Feb 2011
I have no idea when it comes to computer things so need some advise please

Im looking for a new laptop and also a wireless printer that can be a scanner and print labels etc aswell, but one that ink cartridges arnt too expensive for!

All i do is go on the internet and store pictures on laptop.
A notebook (apparently) is no good because the screens are really small.

Can someone please point me in the right direction (jargon free!!) of a good cheap deal please?

Thanks in advance

5 Comments

I think you mean a netbook would be too small - these are typically 10 or 12 inch screens. Most laptops are around 15 inches. If you're only using it for photos and the internet you won't need a very powerful one £300 should get you a decent lappy.......there are a couple mentioned in deals. I'll pick out a few.

hotukdeals.com/dea…509
This would be okay but emachines aren't the best make.....

Printer wise you are very right to make the ink price a major factor in deciding which one to buy - how about this one
hotukdeals.com/dea…740

Other main thing is are you happy buying online or does it have to be from a shop?

Edited by: "gari189" 5th Feb 2011

For a printer I have a kodak 5250 wireless and would recommend it

Original Poster

gari189

I think you mean a netbook would be too small - these are typically 10 or … I think you mean a netbook would be too small - these are typically 10 or 12 inch screens. Most laptops are around 15 inches. If you're only using it for photos and the internet you won't need a very powerful one £300 should get you a decent lappy.......there are a couple mentioned in deals. I'll pick out a few.http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/emachines-e732z-core-i3-2gb-250gb-15-6-laptop-sainsburys-for-299-99-2-cashback-5/868509This would be okay but emachines aren't the best make.....Printer wise you are very right to make the ink price a major factor in deciding which one to buy - how about this onehttp://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/epson-sx515-wifi-printer-49-free-pick-up-3-95-delivered-woolworths/865740Other main thing is are you happy buying online or does it have to be from a shop?

Thank you for this info, that printer seems to be exactly what i wanted! Do you think it would come with ink cartridges?

nono2522

Thank you for this info, that printer seems to be exactly what i wanted! … Thank you for this info, that printer seems to be exactly what i wanted! Do you think it would come with ink cartridges?

The printer will come with everything you need to get printing (except paper and a usb cable which you won't need if its wireless).

Original Poster

Thanks, I have ordered that printer (but from littlewoods and used £30 off £50 spend) .

going to currys to check out laptops tonight.

Thansk again
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769295
    2. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604800
    3. Help Feed a Homeless Animal for Free1608652
    4. Coming up to bonfire night ...2128

See more discussions