Groups
    EXPIRED

Laptop with good processor needed for around £350?

Hi I need a laptop with fast processor say 2.5Ghz. I don't play games much so don't care too much about high ram, besides I can upgrade that for £30-40, if need be at a later date. And with regard to hard drive I'm thinking again a reasonable size will do. I'm a student so I would love it to be 'cheaper the better'. Thanks guys.

5 Comments

Why are you looking at 2.5GHz specifically? What CPU architecture?

And you cant upgrade the graphics card in the laptop fwiw.

If you just want it for general use ie internet, emails, ms office etc any new laptop nowadays will be more than adequate. My parents bought a £300 Toshiba from ebuyer.com and its far more than they will ever need. Get as much ram as possible(probably more noticable than the processor speed difference) say a minimum 2gb, as for hardrives you can always add an external at a later time, laptop drives are certainly limited.
    Go for a decent brand.

am on the same situation, looking for something decent with the same amount of money. Let me know what do you go for. I was looking at this:
    pcworld.co.uk/mar…1sa

what do you think??

Original Poster

how about this guys? I saw it and was tempted to use points and quidco to make it as cheap as possible and buy it.
    direct.tesco.com/q/R…spx

Original Poster

Jakg;6172966

Why are you looking at 2.5GHz specifically? What CPU architecture?And you … Why are you looking at 2.5GHz specifically? What CPU architecture?And you cant upgrade the graphics card in the laptop fwiw.

Tbh jack I am totally stuck, I've got toshiba satellite 2430-402 and I'm thinking of going for something which has good processor purely based on my experience with this. I need to get through next four years of uni without much hastle when running lots of programs and keeping the machine running most nights as I'll use it a lot. So...whatever help I get here is what I'm thinking of using to get it. I need it in 2 weeks before my uni starts.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424814505
      2. One thing you've forgotten911
      3. WONGA REFUNDS DUE2121024
      4. New TV,Film & Ebook Releases 2407241

See more discussions