Groups

Laptops: Anyone know which is better?

currys.co.uk/mar…jsp[email protected]@@@[email protected]@@@&BV_EngineID=cccjadeiihlmfhecflgceggdhhmdgmk.0&category_oid=-34014&sku=859413&page=Product&fm=2&sm=1&tm=0

or

comet.co.uk/sho…011

I don't have very good knowledge, they are very similar laptops and apart from RAM what is there that is much difference?

Thanks.

Paul.

10 Comments

Banned

If you can live without it, wait for the Windows 7 laptops that will be incentized heavily. October 22nd is release date, so expect some tasty deals.

The comet one is the better of the two but i would check to see if you are leigable for windows 7 upgrade ,

Original Poster

My laptop has completely died on me and have been waiting for the 15th to get paid, now you tell me this.

Has the comet one got a better processor?

Hkem;6573142

If you can live without it, wait for the Windows 7 laptops that will be … If you can live without it, wait for the Windows 7 laptops that will be incentized heavily. October 22nd is release date, so expect some tasty deals.

Agreed - although the comet one is very vague with its Core 2 Duo processor info. The Pentium t4200 is one of the newer pentium ones and has better reviews than lots of core 2 duo's

cpubenchmark.net/cpu…GHz

Original Poster

tonyg1962;6573176

The comet one is the better of the two but i would check to see if you … The comet one is the better of the two but i would check to see if you are leigable for windows 7 upgrade ,

It says in the spec that it is available for a Windows 7 upgrade.

The T6500of the comet model has a passmark score of 1462 compared to the 1216 of the T4200 processor,
    cpubenchmark.net/hig…tml

Original Poster

Are these both good laptops for the £400 price tag?

Thanks.

paul_doh;6573296

Are these both good laptops for the £400 price tag?Thanks.

They seem good value at that price unless you are willing to buy the 17" Dell which is a better bargain,

Original Poster

Well I am off shopping tomorrow and will look at the Dell in CPW and then have a mooch round and see what I can find. Thanks for your help guys.

Banned

Being available for a Windows 7 upgrade doesn't mean it's included in the price. Expect to pay an extra £40 to upgrade when the time comes (and based on reviews and inside info, you're going to want to).
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ask and Misc quieter since for sale has gone?710
      2. Three connection34
      3. Has anyone found any Baileys Pumpkin Spiced for sale in the UK ?22
      4. What's the name of that brand that looks like Playstation symbols?34

See more discussions