Laptops Direct - Received faulty monitor

Posted 16th Sep 2020
Hi!

I order a refurbished grade A1 monitor from laptops direct and it arrived with a small piece of the panel damaged right in the middle and a dead pixel. It was also very dirty with the cables covered in white paint.

I contacted them and they want me to pay for the return and wait 30 days. Not only that but they might reject the refund if they think the monitor is ok.

I waited almost 4 weeks for this to arrive, and was guarateend it was as brand new. From the products page:
"This is a graded product. A1 products are "as new" but have been box opened"

It's obvious that their quality control is non-existent and they did not even bother to test it before selling these refurbished monitors.

Is this "normal" or should I claim a chargeback on my credit card?

Regards,
Jason

3544127.jpg
3544127.jpg3544127.jpg
Community Updates
11 Comments
Advise them that you think their terms are unacceptable and that you expected the item in a better condition.

But yes, I would issue a chargeback as they are clearly in the wrong here.
Hard to see clearly from the picture, but that doesn’t even look like a dead pixel. More like trapped dust or a dead fly. Which is worse.
Edited by: "PAISAL" 16th Sep
PAISAL16/09/2020 09:58

Hard to see clearly from the picture, but that doesn’t even look like a d …Hard to see clearly from the picture, but that doesn’t even look like a dead pixel. More like trapped dust or a dead fly. Which is worse.

It's like the panel is broken in that area and it's right in the middle so impossible to ignore..
It will be a dead corn fly, happens all the time, people see them crawling on monitor and squish them under the panel.

But yes, tell them you will do a chargeback if they refuse to collect it.
Jason_Philip16/09/2020 10:00

It's like the panel is broken in that area and it's right in the middle so …It's like the panel is broken in that area and it's right in the middle so impossible to ignore..

Go back the product page, take a screenshot and save the page offline so you have a copy of their description of what they’ve said A1 means.
Contact them again, explaining that the item received is in a condition that is contrary to the description on the product page, and the cost of any returns made as a result of that must be borne by themselves (the retailer).

They either need to arrange for collection, or make it clear that they will offer reimbursement.

See what they say to that before threatening chargebacks.
PAISAL16/09/2020 10:20

Contact them again, explaining that the item received is in a condition …Contact them again, explaining that the item received is in a condition that is contrary to the description on the product page, and the cost of any returns made as a result of that must be borne by themselves (the retailer). They either need to arrange for collection, or make it clear that they will offer reimbursement.See what they say to that before threatening chargebacks.

Yes I mentioned the Consumer Rights Act and that I should not have to pay it.
I did not mention the chargeback yet.
Let's see what they say..
Edited by: "Jason_Philip" 16th Sep
Jason_Philip16/09/2020 10:53

Yes I mentioned the Consumer Rights Act and that I should not have to pay …Yes I mentioned the Consumer Rights Act and that I should not have to pay it. I did not mention the chargeback yet.Let's see what they say..

If they are uncooperative, unresponsive or dismissive, I wouldn’t threaten a chargeback, I’d just do it without informing them of it.

But that’s up to you.
Laptops direct are a absolute nightmare to deal with i hope you have a better experience than me
sd1316/09/2020 10:57

Laptops direct are a absolute nightmare to deal with i hope you have a …Laptops direct are a absolute nightmare to deal with i hope you have a better experience than me

They are clearly selling faulty monitors as refurbished which is literally a scam.
I know of other users who bough the same model refurbished and they arrived broken as well!
Jason_Philip16/09/2020 11:09

They are clearly selling faulty monitors as refurbished which is literally …They are clearly selling faulty monitors as refurbished which is literally a scam.I know of other users who bough the same model refurbished and they arrived broken as well!

100% they are not referbished, they are customer returns.
Post a comment
@
    Text