Large Chest of Drawers

Found 12th Aug 2017
Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a wide white chest of drawers, needs to be solid wood, white and at least a metre wide! It's to stand a tele on in a bedroom! I've seen some second hand ones previously that are like 6 drawers (3 and 3) but have missed out on them as they go so quickly! So I'm looking for new now!

Thanks in advance!!

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments

IKEA Malm is available in white.

How about a pine one given the up cycling treatment
Edited by: "ding" 13th Aug 2017

I think you'll struggle to find any solid wood furniture nowadays, unless you're willing to pay a lot of money for a bespoke set to be made for you.

adhkarzf12th Aug

That's not solid wood though

They are lovely units though - worth a look

Dyslexic_Dog13th Aug

I think you'll struggle to find any solid wood furniture nowadays, unless …I think you'll struggle to find any solid wood furniture nowadays, unless you're willing to pay a lot of money for a bespoke set to be made for you.

Second hand is they way to go. Got myself solid pine wardrobes for £50 each off Gumtree really nice ones too

I always save a search on ebay within a 25 mile radius of where I live. You have to be patient but you get some real bargains. e.g. I paid £45 for a £500 resin extendable garden table & 6 loungers with cushions. They were like new.

Hemnes range in ikea is propper wood and not chip board
Edited by: "ding" 15th Aug 2017

Saw large chest and clicked straight away, now clicking the back button.

ding40 m ago

Hemnes range in ikea is propper wood and mot chip board

Materials
  • Basematerial: Solid pine, Stain, Clear acrylic lacquer
  • Drawer sides/ Drawer back: Solid pine
  • Drawer bottom: Fibreboard, Acrylic paint
  • Back: Fibreboard

Original Poster

Thanks for the advice everyone, going to keep looking on eBay/gumtree, they seem very expensive new!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants