Large letter through mail red box

Posted 10th Feb
Good evening lads. I need a quick advice from you please. I'm selling some phone cases on eBay and I'm using eBay labels for RoyalMail - 2nd class Large letter. Till now I used to go all the time to post office desk to scan and drop them. I was wondering if I can drop them in the mail red box. They will accept them or they have to weight and scan them?
Thanks in advance! ✌️
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
You can just drop them in the post boxes.
You can put anything in any box or at the post office, Its irrelevant what postage is on. Once at sorting office they will then check the correct postage is on like they do with all mail. Remember though you won’t have proof of postage if you don’t go to post office but once the postman delivers item you’ll have proof of delivery which is what you really need.
toonsquirel10/02/2020 16:35

You can put anything in any box or at the post office, Its irrelevant what …You can put anything in any box or at the post office, Its irrelevant what postage is on. Once at sorting office they will then check the correct postage is on like they do with all mail. Remember though you won’t have proof of postage if you don’t go to post office but once the postman delivers item you’ll have proof of delivery which is what you really need.

No you wont unless you send recorded/special delivery
markvirgo10/02/2020 18:23

No you wont unless you send recorded/special delivery

As long as you’ve got the tracking info like the 2d barcode (number) Royal Mail can give you the proof of delivery if it’s needed
Edited by: "toonsquirel" 10th Feb
toonsquirel10/02/2020 18:25

As long as you’ve got the tracking info like the 2d barcode (number) Royal …As long as you’ve got the tracking info like the 2d barcode (number) Royal Mail can give you the proof of delivery if it’s needed

The postman would just leave in letterbox so no proof the buyer has received the item in a shared mailbox situation.
markvirgo10/02/2020 18:30

The postman would just leave in letterbox so no proof the buyer has …The postman would just leave in letterbox so no proof the buyer has received the item in a shared mailbox situation.

That’s not the responsibility of the sender or postman, there will be proof the item has been delivered and gps coordinates backing it up. If it’s a shared mailbox that’s the responsibility of the mailbox owners to ensure the safety. If it’s stolen from there that’s the receivers problem.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants