Groups

larger than average sockets and switches?

Does anybody know where I can buy slightly larger than average plastic light switches and double sockets. I am replacing some hideous brass fittings but they are slightly larger than the regular sized replacements. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

4 Comments

dont know about larger sockets as most are one size, but these may be of help to keep visible wall tidy.
    ebay.co.uk/itm…t=0

i take it you know what your doing with electrics, thought about changing the back box normal size and filling in the gaps.

You can buy surrounds for them. just type socket surround in Google. Screwfix and Fleabay to name a few.

Original Poster

Thanks. If i don't find any direct replacements I will certainly order one of these to try out before I commit. I like the choice of colours but just hope they don't look tacky.......there again they can't be as bad as the ones I have now! Cheers

pirattitude

dont know about larger sockets as most are one size, but these may be of … dont know about larger sockets as most are one size, but these may be of help to keep visible wall tidy. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/141908884225?lpid=122&chn=ps&adgroupid=35836733199&rlsatarget=pla-260581915562&adtype=pla&poi=&googleloc=1006955&device=c&campaignid=672517669&crdt=0i take it you know what your doing with electrics, thought about changing the back box normal size and filling in the gaps.

drtongue

You can buy surrounds for them. just type socket surround in Google. … You can buy surrounds for them. just type socket surround in Google. Screwfix and Fleabay to name a few.

plastic surrounds are how to do this. all switches and sockets are consistant size now. good luck
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Spotify Family Premium share59
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767221
      3. Martin Lewis explains your Ryanair cancellation rights.56
      4. Nectar launch eGift card redemption for selected brands including Currys, A…33

See more discussions