largest discount store in uk - one below, bradford

Posted 19th OctEdited by:"seb"
everything £1 or less.

set up by the founders of poundworld.

thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/new…op/

interview with louise edwards - director at one below - 20 minutes approx into programme - you and yours, bbc radio 4.

bbc.co.uk/pro…d19

one-below.co.uk
Community Updates
Misc
6 Comments
I'm not a snob but man, this revolts me. The social state of the country does nothing to shake off the image of "benefits britain".
Poundworld used to occupy the unit about five doors down from this before it went bust. Dunno why just didn't open up in there as it is still vacant. I will go I and report back
psychobitchfromhell19/10/2019 17:54

Poundworld used to occupy the unit about five doors down from this before …Poundworld used to occupy the unit about five doors down from this before it went bust. Dunno why just didn't open up in there as it is still vacant. I will go I and report back

It is especially interesting because as you may know Chris Edwards (founder of One Below) founded and used to own Poundworld before selling it to TPG. Unless the site was relatively new, his team probably picked it out. Perhaps your area's store was especially busy back in the Poundworld days so they could justify the additional store capacity.
Edited by: "jamie15" 20th Oct
jamie1520/10/2019 02:04

It is especially interesting because as you may know Chris Edwards …It is especially interesting because as you may know Chris Edwards (founder of One Below) founded and used to own Poundworld before selling it to TPG. Unless the site was relatively new, his team probably picked it out. Perhaps your area's store was especially busy back in the Poundworld days so they could justify the additional store capacity.

I know the two units and I think they are about the same size. They've moved into what used to be mothercare. I' m not quite sure why a pound shop is revolting, it's just a sign of the times. This is a shopping website so why people would be disgusted by a shop selling stuff cheap is beyond me. I'm not a recipient of benefits britain but I am on a limited budget. If I can get the same product cheaper then why wouldn't i?
psychobitchfromhell20/10/2019 02:16

I know the two units and I think they are about the same size. They've …I know the two units and I think they are about the same size. They've moved into what used to be mothercare. I' m not quite sure why a pound shop is revolting, it's just a sign of the times. This is a shopping website so why people would be disgusted by a shop selling stuff cheap is beyond me. I'm not a recipient of benefits britain but I am on a limited budget. If I can get the same product cheaper then why wouldn't i?

I'm not aware of the size but given the title I assumed it was larger. Pound shops are great. I really want an One Below near me to see what it is like, nice to see Chris Edwards bring some competition as since Poundworld closed and 99p Stores were bought by Poundland (the latter of which disappointed me especially) there has been a lack of rivalry.
jamie1520/10/2019 02:19

I'm not aware of the size but given the title I assumed it was larger. …I'm not aware of the size but given the title I assumed it was larger. Pound shops are great. I really want an One Below near me to see what it is like, nice to see Chris Edwards bring some competition as since Poundworld closed and 99p Stores were bought by Poundland (the latter of which disappointed me especially) there has been a lack of rivalry.

it is a big shop. A lot of the stuff is rubbish and you get what you pay for, but A lot of the stuff is just as you would find in a supermarket. You just need to know what you're paying for
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants