Las Vegas and Florida!

Posted 4th Nov
Hi everyone!

Holiday shopping again! This time, I am thinking of suggesting to the Missus about going to Las Vegas for 3-4 nights and then on to Orlando, Florida for 7-10 days (preferably that way round - Vegas THEN Orlando).

We are looking at late 2020 - September or October times.

Any ideas on companies that would do a package for this or would you suggest booking it all separately?

Luckily, it's only the two of us.

Cheers!
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
I’d maybe go wait til October for Florida just to minimise the weather risk. Also with way companies are if try to book as a package for ATOL, Virgin are pretty cheap give them a try and play with your dates to find best price. I’ve been to both and I’d say Florida is more for families and Vegas for adults so maybe do a day or two more at Vegas unless your a big Disney fan
Virgin Holidays do multi-destination packages, but chances are that you'll pay a premium for a travel agent to organise it rather than doing it yourself. There has only been once in the last 15 years where we've found it cheaper to book as a package but it's always worth checking both options! If you look at booking it yourself, although it might seem like hassle, check lots of different dates as prices vary dramatically. You'll often find it's cheaper to fly mid-week if you can do that too

I'd agree with the poster above about waiting 'til October. Although it's still classed as peak hurricane season, it normally starts to quieten down by mid-October. Also, there's plenty of Halloween themed things to do (Like Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios) if you like that kind of thing!
Thanks guys!

We went to Orlando last year and absolutely loved it. Both are Vegas virgins though but I know it will be amazing. I'll start dropping hints to convince her but I suspect this time next year we will be converting pounds to dollars!!
Try looking at open jaw flights (flying into one and out another) to see what kind of prices you can get. US internal flights are quite cheap if you book early enough, just watch the baggage. We used Southwestern as they include bags in the price, cheap and cheerful!

Try to avoid Las Vegas on Fridays and Saturdays, makes a big difference to hotel prices. I find Orlando cheaper for shopping, and if you are willing to delay to Thanksgiving/Black Friday the outlet malls have crazy discounts additional 50 - 70% off, but it is a bit wild.
Prices for Las Vegas are typically lower around 20th November than the rest of the year.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 4th Nov
Frenchmeister04/11/2019 13:28

Thanks guys!We went to Orlando last year and absolutely loved it. Both are …Thanks guys!We went to Orlando last year and absolutely loved it. Both are Vegas virgins though but I know it will be amazing. I'll start dropping hints to convince her but I suspect this time next year we will be converting pounds to dollars!!

Vegas is... an experience The first time we went, I found it really overwhelming as it was even more full on than I imagined from everything I'd seen and read. I still enjoyed it but I was so glad to be leaving after four days! The second time I enjoyed it a lot more as I knew what to expect. It's a strange place but it's fun and there's lots to do. I definitely think doing Orlando second is the way to go, it will seem so quiet and relaxed compared to Vegas
Edited by: "Psychobunni" 4th Nov
I would be thinking of another place to go other than Florida, San Francisco or San Diego would be better bets closer to Vegas and beautiful over that area.
As well as Virgin check out BA.
I've done a couple of US multi city trips through BA and if you book flights & hotels they usually work out cheaper than doing them seperate. What i also like doing this with BA is that you just have to pay £150 deposit and pay the balance a month or so before you fly.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants