Groups
    EXPIRED

las vegas in july

hi all the oh and i have decided to go back to las vegas this year. am looking to go for around 8 nights ideally for the 12th to 20th flying from belfast or dublin. would like to stay in a really nice hotel like the venetian or bellagio so obviously the best deal i can get for us the better. i know a few members on here work in the travel industry so any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

x

15 Comments

Do you have a budget in mind? Venetian and Bellagio aren't cheap, would you consider any other hotels or does it definitley have to be one of these?

Original Poster

hi engadine. we have budgeted £1000 each for flight hotel and ideally car hire. Have stayed in luxor on previous trips which we loved but would love to stay in 1 of these hotels if possible, as they are both so beautiful.

Going to Las Vegas in August with 11 friends staying in Hotel Terrible, £740 for 2 weeks including flight, hotel and insurance which was a good deal. The hotel is off the main strip and it only contains about 400 rooms unlike the big super hotels but it's just going to be sued to get our heads down

They are both lovely hotels! Best I have come across so far as follows -

Flights from Dublin are a lot cheaper than Belfast, flights with Continental from belfast would be £629 each from Dublin £489.80. So well worth the journey down to Dublin! The flights go via Newark. The flights were through [url]www.ebookers.com[/url]

The cheapest I have found the Bellagio for would be £926 in total for the 8 nights, room only with Hotelsrus hotelsrus.com
    I booked with them when I went to Sydney last year and it was fine, until then hadn't heard of them!

The cheapest I have found the Ventian for is £967 in total with [url]www.unpackaged.com[/url]

Total for flights and Bellagio would be £952.90 per person. Prices are pretty good not as expensive as I expected.

Better doing car hire separately with some of the discount codes on here!

Through Quidco you would get 1% back on the flights

Original Poster

thanks engadine- you've been a great help. Going to check those sites out now and hopefully get it booked this week. I sooo need a holiday to look forward to lol

You are welcome. Prices for the flights will go up the nearer you get to the departure date, big difference in the price from belfast to Dublin! If I can help further let me know

On expedia the bellagio with flights from dublin is coming out at £929.

Wynn is dead on £1000.

MGM is only £794 they have great pools and a fabulous lazy river.

Original Poster

smcwales

On expedia the bellagio with flights from dublin is coming out at … On expedia the bellagio with flights from dublin is coming out at £929.Wynn is dead on £1000.MGM is only £794 they have great pools and a fabulous lazy river.

thanks for the info. I hadn't considered mgm so off to have a look. What is the hotel itself like? i do love being by the pool and 1 of the things that puts me off bellagio is reviews saying the pool area is small. :thumbsup:

Ceasars Palace has a brilliant pool.
    Only one that allows topless sunbathing also.

and as am sure you know, really central.

try. ]airmiles.co.uk
    occasionally they have a sale on - am jealous btw.

Original Poster

thanks mrtootough, never come across that site, it looks really good. CP has a brilliant location on the strip, and i love the forum shops there lol Think we're going to look at it as well now. the decision of where to stay just gets harder and harder lol :thumbsup:

I did July in Vegas about 2 years ago, the Golden Nugget in the old downtown was cheap and a brilliant hotel.

i loved the mgm. We spent most of our time at the pool mind you. You get waitress service so the only time you have to move is if you need the toilet lol.

There are 5 pools and the lazy river one of the pools is adults only your best bet is to take a look at the website. They have 24 hour food available and they have a monorail stop inside the hotel. The buffet restaurant was great as was the rainforest cafe (the ribs were voted the best in our groups meal there)

[url]www.mgmgrand.com[/url]

HTH

S

hi Petal, just did a search on ]quickrooms.com for your dates

Price for the 4* Golden Nugget for 2 people for 8 days was £472

Still your flights to book though.

However 7% quidco on this = £33 ish quid off this price.

Am still jealous

]http//ww…JV0

Original Poster

thanks smcwales and mrtootough, you've given us loads to think about. the problem with veags is there us too much chioce!!!!!!!lol although thats not such a bad problem to have. we are now thinking of maybe splitting our stay between 2 hotels- we loved the look of mgm never really considered it before which is strange. we both loved freemont street as well so the decision is just getting harder now. will let you all know how we get on. rep added for all. petal x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?22
      2. Vodafone Broadband Issues22
      3. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2340
      4. word association Game74044562

See more discussions