Laser All in One printer that is compatible with Windows 10 "Out of the Box"

Found 4th Sep 2016
Please can anyone advise - don't mind mono or colour and not too concerned about price!
Spent most of the day trying to buy, as above, only to find in specification that it does not mention compatible with Windows 10, also some you can download the requirements but I just want to purchase one, plug in and go! Anyone with any advice - please help! Thanks in advance!

11 Comments

Plug and go? Nearly all printers will need pairing, either via an app or via some software, I just bought a new wireless Epsom all in one that works great, all the specs I looked at on argos and pcworld etc for printers clearly stated they were compatible with all versions of Windows so I would go back and have a close look at each spec, it's there if you look

Original Poster

westy125

Plug and go? Nearly all printers will need pairing, either via an app or … Plug and go? Nearly all printers will need pairing, either via an app or via some software, I just bought a new wireless Epsom all in one that works great, all the specs I looked at on argos and pcworld etc for printers clearly stated they were compatible with all versions of Windows so I would go back and have a close look at each spec, it's there if you look

Thanks

If your pc is connected to the internet when you plug the printer in for the first time, it will most likely download the drivers.

Original Poster

craigstephens

If your pc is connected to the internet when you plug the printer in for … If your pc is connected to the internet when you plug the printer in for the first time, it will most likely download the drivers.

Oh, great thanks, good to know!
Had a terrible day yesterday, everytime I choose an all in one laser printer, the specs. didn't mention compatible with Windows 10, did not want to purchase then connect up to only find that it is not compatible! Gave up in the end!

mousey

Oh, great thanks, good to know!Had a terrible day yesterday, everytime I … Oh, great thanks, good to know!Had a terrible day yesterday, everytime I choose an all in one laser printer, the specs. didn't mention compatible with Windows 10, did not want to purchase then connect up to only find that it is not compatible! Gave up in the end!

​In my experience, if a printer works with windows 7, it'll work with 10

Original Poster

craigstephens

​In my experience, if a printer works with windows 7, it'll work with 10

Thanks!

You could always check on the printer (manufacturer) driver update page to see if they do a driver for Windows 10

Original Poster

Tismeee

You could always check on the printer (manufacturer) driver update page … You could always check on the printer (manufacturer) driver update page to see if they do a driver for Windows 10

Many thanks, have decided to go "in store" and read compatibility notes on the box!

it's not always written on the box

Original Poster

Tismeee

it's not always written on the box

Good point - I wish life was more simple!

Me too - think we all have that wish
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769541
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428214657
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247654
    4. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA21118

See more discussions