Groups

Laser Printer - is first toner included?

Never had one before and just wandered if laser printers generally include the first toner free?

Specifically the Samsung ML-1630W

Thanks

8 Comments

My samsung come with a toner cartridge which was about a third full and was enough for a fair bit of printing before I got a new one.

Not a bad wireless laser printer, little tricky to setup if some of the Amazon reviews are to go by, but then some on Amazon complain that the sellotape of the packaging can be tricky. Good price too as I have seen these go for around £90 - £130 (Tesco, Amazon, Staples, Pixmania)

Answer to your question, yes pretty much all laser printers come with the 'starter' toner free. You can buy refill tub of toner and associated chip of fleabay, item 400115773531, cheap. I use these myself, albeit for a different printer, and they are perfect.

most if not all printers come with demo toners

Banned

davver99

most if not all printers come with demo toners

no, they dont! My Brother laser printer came with a full toner cartridge. 18 months old and used daily and still going strong on the same cart. Lexmarks are the only ones I know who supply half full carts.

brother do and dell and oki
    Edited by: "davver99" 3rd Sep 2010

All of my brother laser printers have come with the 'Starter' toners that have been 3/4 full at most. It is in the manufacturers interest to have you buy a new toner sooner rather than later.

studentessa

My samsung come with a toner cartridge which was about a third full and … My samsung come with a toner cartridge which was about a third full and was enough for a fair bit of printing before I got a new one.

same for me but a hp,,,
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1215
      2. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?712
      3. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!77
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767220

See more discussions