Last minute honeymoon break HELP!!

Found 14th Aug 2017
Ok so I get married on saturday the following weekend is a bank holiday, wasn't planning on doing anything but now looking for a nice fairly cheapish deal. Cannot go abroad because my passport has expired . Would prefer the train from birmingham want somewhere with plenty of bars and things to see. Did London 2 weeks ago so not there. Ive looked at York and Liverpool but obvs because ive left it late all the cheaper hotels have gone. Its working out to nearly £700 for the train and hotel. Wish I had renewed my passport could of had a flight and hotel somewhere nice for less than that. Can leave after 6 on the 25th and checkout on the 28th
Community Updates
  1. Ask
  1. Ask
Why not still apply for a fast track passport?…ice
If getting a fast track passport is not an option then does the accommodation have to be a hotel? You can get lovely serviced apartments for rental at lot cheaper prices only snag is that you will have to eat outside or make self cater.

Consider going to Edinburgh if you have never been. Lovely city and lots to see with great pubs.
Brighton.. Great pubs and clubs - so relaxed too. Accommodation is quite cheap too. Just don't go if you're a homophobe (that's the cue for self righteous people to give me grief, but I love the place and EVERYONE there. The pride weekend was fantastic this year!)
Original Poster
Fancied Brighton but a nightmare journey according to trainline 2 or 3 Changes. Wouldn't get passport in time unless I made 2 journeys to Liverpool to get it the week after I'm married
Original Poster
Will look at Edinburgh
Bank holiday weekend and cheap don't tend to go together!
How about going a bit closer to home to reduce train fare a bit... Stratford?
Post a comment

Top Discussions