Groups

Late deal all Inclusive package holiday in Europe - best site/tour op?

Bit of a novice at this. Trying to get a 7-day all-inclusive deal for daughter & her friend to go. Want a late deal (leaving between 1st and 3rd September) somewhere I'll feel safe with them going! Not Turkey as friend's mum has vetoed that idea even though I think west side is fine - hey ho! I'm well out of touch with best places to look. Teletext holidays? Ice Lolly? Any suggestions gratefully received!

18 Comments

whats your budget etc the more info you give us the more we can try and help you

Original Poster

I don't know to be honest. I think they're looking at £400-ish as being available at the moment - have seen cheaper, have seen more expensive!

carled

I don't know to be honest. I think they're looking at £400-ish as being … I don't know to be honest. I think they're looking at £400-ish as being available at the moment - have seen cheaper, have seen more expensive!

is that for both or each

Original Poster

archer1204

is that for both or each

Sorry, each.

carled

Sorry, each.

Thats not too bad but you are going near high season and last minute you maybe lucky,What are they looking to do whilst there ie just a beach holiday or sightseeing adventure sports etc.

Original Poster

Oh, teenage girls. Sunbathe all day, drink, eat sleep and maybe wander out to a club at night. No activities at all!

carled

Oh, teenage girls. Sunbathe all day, drink, eat sleep and maybe wander … Oh, teenage girls. Sunbathe all day, drink, eat sleep and maybe wander out to a club at night. No activities at all!

Have you been to malta all different things to do very nice this time of year some very lively places to go at night.

just had a quick look at holidaypirates anything you like the look of there.

travel republic or sunshine are definitely worth a look, Icelolly is OK but remember that you'll have to add at least £80ppp for bags and transfers. Another tip is to use skyscanner and set it to search all destinations from your preferred airport and dates, cheap flights usually means a cheap holiday.

have a look at thomson late deals as they include transfers and luggage which gave me and my kids peace of mind that everything was in one place. we had a fab last minute deal to marrakesh with them in july. may be slightly more than other sites but far easier and well worth the extra few pounds.

Original Poster

Thompson seems quite pricey - is that because the other ones don't have transfers, etc. in there? I'm always a bit wary with many such sites as they seem to have great prices until you get to the final page and then it's "ah, well now you have to add in £100 for all these extra bits!"

First Choice have some good last minute offers. I booked all my itinerary separately - fights for 2 Stansted to Reus, flights back from Barcelona to Stansted, one checked bag, fast track security, 4 star hotel for 6 nights in Salou with breakfast, 1 day and night in 4 star Barcelona, airport parking and insurance for just under £700. I was happy with that.

Some good offers around.

If you're not bothered on destination just look up flights to Spain, Greece etc and base your hotel searches round the flights. Hotels.com have 10% discount code available.

Original Poster

They're inexperienced travellers so I just want them to have the whole package sorted really rather than risk having a bit go wrong and them have to try and sort things out.

Check out Olympic Holidays website to a Greek island. They sometimes do some good late deals.

Original Poster

So much bewildering choice! Then there are the tripadvisor review minefields - 50% hate it, 50% love it... who's right? It's not easy doing this!

Original Poster

In the end I regularly refreshed the First Choice "last minute" page until a really good deal came up from our local airport for the right dates and for a hotel with great tripadvisor reviews. As First Choice include all the extras (luggage, transfers, etc.) it seemed better to stick with them for inexperienced travellers.

£387 each all inc. to Palma, Mallorca. They're very happy with that! Thanks for the advice in here.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. After a good deal for new work shirts!11
      2. Advice for bank error11
      3. Any discount for paultons park?33
      4. Scammed on Steam game11

See more discussions