late payment charge for paying credit card early!!

12 replies
Found 24th May 2009
just thought i would have a rant after speaking to m&s credit card customer serices after my card was declined today. apparently they have blocked it due to early payment!! they also charge me a £12 late payment fee for paying early wtf!! we paid 2 days before the statement was generated as we were going to be on holiday and wanted to make sure we had covered the bills. there stupid computer gereated system acknowledged this payment but still expected more money once the bill was sent out!!! grrrrrrrrrr

11 Comments

Yep..It happened to me..I went on hols so paid card early and they said they took it into last months payment..They did refund the fine but I had to pay again!!!!

your fault TBH,nothing wrong with their system

if you have paid before the statement generated you were paying last months bill again.

You should have set up a direct debit or paid online

Banned

boothy;5307038

your fault TBH,nothing wrong with their systemif you have paid before the … your fault TBH,nothing wrong with their systemif you have paid before the statement generated you were paying last months bill again.You should have set up a direct debit or paid online

agreed this is an unjustified rant

boothy;5307038

your fault TBH,nothing wrong with their systemif you have paid before the … your fault TBH,nothing wrong with their systemif you have paid before the statement generated you were paying last months bill again.You should have set up a direct debit or paid online

Exactly. You have to wait for your bill first.

Original Poster

it wouldnt have paid the preivous months bill cause it was a new card so there was no previous bill otherwise i could have understood!

fraggle;5307108

it wouldnt have paid the preivous months bill cause it was a new card so … it wouldnt have paid the preivous months bill cause it was a new card so there was no previous bill otherwise i could have understood!

if you had no bill then there should have been nothing to pay early.....methinks you are a bit confused,take it as a learning experience

If it's a new card and you paid off the balance then I'm assuming the balance was zero on the bill that was generated?

Banned

oh crap i hope they dont all start doing this, im always paying mine off before

Original Poster

Benjimoron;5307242

If it's a new card and you paid off the balance then I'm assuming the … If it's a new card and you paid off the balance then I'm assuming the balance was zero on the bill that was generated?

no didnt pay full amount just a chunk will be arguing with them tomorrow for refund of charges as i say could undersatnd paying off preious bill if was one but i made 1st payment before first bill so i cant have been paying anything else!

poor you, your intention was not to get into trouble and you still managed to!

I hope you get the charges refunded x x

The OP really should RTFM...
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition70779
    2. Win Google Pixel 2 or a Google Pixel 2 XL11
    3. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…66
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines54

See more discussions