Expired

Late train compensation

14 replies
Found 19th Nov 2010
Has anyone had experience with this,it seems like every other week my OH''s trains are late,but last week was the worst,he was put in a taxi as his train was late which meant him missing the connecting one.
A taxi from Leeds to Peterborough,he got home at silly o'clock

Do you just get your ticket money refunded,what about loss of sleep lol

1. Misc
  2. Train
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Train
15 Comments

I went to the toilet & it didn't flush. What compo' can I get??....it's outrageous!

Original Poster

AND it's late again tonight, so he might miss the connecting one grrrr

what about loss of sleep lol

lol X)

Which train company is it? They may have info in their website.

Original Poster

He was in a foul mood from getting home so late,i want compo for having to listen to him lol
Edited by: "Domthedonkey" 19th Nov 2010

gerrygedder

I went to the toilet & it didn't flush. What compo' can I get??....it's … I went to the toilet & it didn't flush. What compo' can I get??....it's outrageous!

OP was talking about the taxi fare which was bound to be extortionate I think

OP when I miss a connecting train due to late service the station pays for the taxi but you must do complaints within 7 days.
Edited by: "ryouga" 19th Nov 2010

Are you sure he's not cheating and using this as an excuse???

Original Poster

Although it could have been worse,one person was going to Portsmouth,imagine the expense in a taxi !

Original Poster

ryouga

Duh OP was talking about the taxi fare which was bound to be … Duh OP was talking about the taxi fare which was bound to be extortionate.OP when I miss a connecting train due to late service the station pays for the taxi but you must do complaints within 7 days.

Within 7 days,do ya,arghhhh i told him last night to sort it out,but that's men for ya,everything can wait.

deb8z

Within 7 days,do ya,arghhhh i told him last night to sort it out,but … Within 7 days,do ya,arghhhh i told him last night to sort it out,but that's men for ya,everything can wait.

I am not sure about law but thats the rules for Virgin Trains, pick up a complains form at station and fill it in within a week.

Original Poster

I think it was East Coast,it doesn't say a time frame online :

Compensation for delays

If you travel on a East Coast service that is delayed by more than 30 minutes due to things for which we are responsible, we will give you compensation in the form of Rail Travel Vouchers.

We are not obliged to pay compensation for journeys delayed by circumstances outside of our control, such as adverse weather conditions

Banned

Your ticket is just to get you from A to B.

Buy a nice car instead.

You sure the trains are late or he getting late himself so he gets home late???? X)

Original Poster

guv

Your ticket is just to get you from A to B.Buy a nice car instead.

I can't drive and it's cheaper travelling here by train

Original Poster

Naeem786

You sure the trains are late or he getting late himself so he gets home … You sure the trains are late or he getting late himself so he gets home late???? X)

Not heard from you for a while then you pop up here being sarcastic,ha bloody ha X)

Original Poster

Well, he's missed the train again,what a palava.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which wall design do you like best?45
    2. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet35119
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247678
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769651

See more discussions