Groups

Latest model Sky+ HD box

Does anyone know how to check the usage on a Sky+ HD box? A shop near me has some for sale advertised as new, but they are cheap, so I'm thinking to good to be true. Thanks in advance.

3 Comments

they maybe ex display or used or returns, just check for scratch marks when u say as new, sounds as tho its been used or one of the above

No way to check usage, just check the make Thomson boxes have a very bad reputation and i would avoid , the lastest boxes are Pace, Samsung and Amastrad.

Pace have been out about 6 months, Samsung 5 months and Amstrad around 3 months, the Thomson have been out since Sky HD launch.

The Pace have recently had a recall, but all it is is cable ties been added to stop a loose cable moving, ive got a Pace HD box and its been faultless and easily accepts a 1tb drive if you want to upgrade as thats what i have done.

Banned

deanos;4513644

The Pace have recently had a recall, but all it is is cable ties been … The Pace have recently had a recall, but all it is is cable ties been added to stop a loose cable moving, ive got a Pace HD box and its been faultless and easily accepts a 1tb drive if you want to upgrade as thats what i have done.

Dont be so sure thats the reason for the recall!

Read somewhere its because you can connect an external DVD player to it and it will record channels that you dont even have a sub for! Doesn't sound feasable to me tbh, but it was something along those lines - not because of the psu. Obviously the usual caveat... dont beleive everything you read on the internet!!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Easyjet - book now or wait?46
      2. Small, stylish writers notebook/netbook12
      3. Minecraft Foam Diamond Pickaxe - Source?23
      4. Can anyone share their Sky Go with me for £7.50 a month?68

See more discussions