Groups

latest news Algerian plane disappears off radar

NBC News ‏@NBCNews 6m
    More
    BREAKING: Algerian passenger jet disappears from radar, reports say nbcnews.to/1Aa…Ml3

44 Comments

Original Poster

NBC News ‏@NBCNews 6m
    More
    BREAKING: Algerian passenger jet disappears from radar, reports say nbcnews.to/1Aa…Ml3

Banned

What on Earth is going on at the moment?! This is just crazy!

Aliens are taking our people..

Banned

KillFelix

What on Earth is going on at the moment?! This is just crazy!

a plane crashes at least every month on average, what makes you think things have gone crazy now?

It's putting me right off flying.

do we know what happened to that malaysia flight that went missing a few months ago? or is that still unresolved?

Banned

EN1GMA

do we know what happened to that malaysia flight that went missing a few … do we know what happened to that malaysia flight that went missing a few months ago? or is that still unresolved?

so far all the evidence suggests its still in the air

Banned

whatsThePoint

a plane crashes at least every month on average, what makes you think … a plane crashes at least every month on average, what makes you think things have gone crazy now?

Commercial airliners, though?

What are the stats for those?

Banned

KillFelix

Commercial airliners, though?What are the stats for those?

this is last years stats
    January 29 – SCAT Airlines Flight 760, a Bombardier CRJ200, crashes in thick fog on approach to Almaty International Airport, Kazakhstan, killing all 16 passengers and 5 crew on board.
    February 13 – South Airlines Flight 8971, an Antonov An-24, crash-lands in dense fog at Donetsk International Airport, Ukraine, killing 5 of 52 people on board.
    April 13 – Lion Air Flight 904, a Boeing 737 carrying 101 passengers and 7 crew members, crashes into the ocean while attempting to land at Ngurah Rai International Airport on the Indonesian resort island of Bali, injuring 46 people.
    April 29 – National Airlines Flight 102, a Boeing 747 freighter, stalls and crashes shortly after takeoff from Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan, due to load shifting, killing all seven crew members on board.
    May 16 – Nepal Airlines Flight 555, a de Havilland Canada DHC-6, overruns the runway on landing at Jomsom Airport, Nepal, injuring seven people.
    July 6 – Asiana Airlines Flight 214, a Boeing 777, crashes short of the runway on landing at San Francisco International Airport, killing three of 307 on board and injuring 182. The crash was the first fatal accident involving the Boeing 777.
    July 7 – A de Havilland Canada DHC-3 operated by Rediske Air crashes on approach to Soldotna Airport, Alaska, killing all 10 people on board.
    August 14 – UPS Airlines Flight 1354, an Airbus A300 freighter, crashes short of the runway on approach to Birmingham–Shuttlesworth International Airport, killing the two crew on board.
    October 3 – Associated Aviation Flight 361, an Embraer 120, crashes shortly after takeoff from Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, killing 15 people on board.
    October 16 – Lao Airlines Flight 301, an ATR-72, crashes shortly before landing at Pakse International Airport under adverse weather conditions, killing all 44 passengers and 5 crew on board.
    November 17 – Tatarstan Airlines Flight 363, a Boeing 737, crashes at Kazan International Airport, Russia during a go-around, killing all 50 people on board.
    November 29 – LAM Mozambique Airlines Flight 470, an Embraer 190, en route from Maputo International Airport, Mozambique to Quatro de Fevereiro Airport, Angola crashes into Bwabwata National Park in northern Namibia, killing all 33 people on board.

Banned

whatsThePoint

this is last years statsJanuary 29 – SCAT Airlines Flight 760, a B … this is last years statsJanuary 29 – SCAT Airlines Flight 760, a Bombardier CRJ200, crashes in thick fog on approach to Almaty International Airport, Kazakhstan, killing all 16 passengers and 5 crew on board.February 13 – South Airlines Flight 8971, an Antonov An-24, crash-lands in dense fog at Donetsk International Airport, Ukraine, killing 5 of 52 people on board.April 13 – Lion Air Flight 904, a Boeing 737 carrying 101 passengers and 7 crew members, crashes into the ocean while attempting to land at Ngurah Rai International Airport on the Indonesian resort island of Bali, injuring 46 people.April 29 – National Airlines Flight 102, a Boeing 747 freighter, stalls and crashes shortly after takeoff from Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan, due to load shifting, killing all seven crew members on board.May 16 – Nepal Airlines Flight 555, a de Havilland Canada DHC-6, overruns the runway on landing at Jomsom Airport, Nepal, injuring seven people.July 6 – Asiana Airlines Flight 214, a Boeing 777, crashes short of the runway on landing at San Francisco International Airport, killing three of 307 on board and injuring 182. The crash was the first fatal accident involving the Boeing 777.July 7 – A de Havilland Canada DHC-3 operated by Rediske Air crashes on approach to Soldotna Airport, Alaska, killing all 10 people on board.August 14 – UPS Airlines Flight 1354, an Airbus A300 freighter, crashes short of the runway on approach to Birmingham–Shuttlesworth International Airport, killing the two crew on board.October 3 – Associated Aviation Flight 361, an Embraer 120, crashes shortly after takeoff from Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, killing 15 people on board.October 16 – Lao Airlines Flight 301, an ATR-72, crashes shortly before landing at Pakse International Airport under adverse weather conditions, killing all 44 passengers and 5 crew on board.November 17 – Tatarstan Airlines Flight 363, a Boeing 737, crashes at Kazan International Airport, Russia during a go-around, killing all 50 people on board.November 29 – LAM Mozambique Airlines Flight 470, an Embraer 190, en route from Maputo International Airport, Mozambique to Quatro de Fevereiro Airport, Angola crashes into Bwabwata National Park in northern Namibia, killing all 33 people on board.

Fair play.

It just seems like it's all happening at once at the moment though.

well i fly saturday so would just like to say thansk nall and bye if i dont go missing

Banned

mercslkman

well i fly saturday so would just like to say thansk nall and bye if i … well i fly saturday so would just like to say thansk nall and bye if i dont go missing

Where you jetting off to? Anywhere exciting?

they are more common than you might think, one came down in a storm yesterday in Taiwan & killed about 50 people

also hearing one has crashed today in a place called Niamey in Niger which is east of where this Algerie plane took off, could be them if it was trying to get around some bad weather
    Edited by: "Dark.Energy" 24th Jul 2014

It happens all the time, but the English media only picks it up if it has British citizens on it.

Iv not flown in over 3 years. think ill extend that to 30

Banned

Havince

Iv not flown in over 3 years. think ill extend that to 30

Why? It's still the safest form of travel by a long shot. You're actually more likely to get killed in an accident travelling to/from the airport than you are actually on the plane.

Banned

Still, Blame the Russians

KillFelix

Why? It's still the safest form of travel by a long shot. You're actually … Why? It's still the safest form of travel by a long shot. You're actually more likely to get killed in an accident travelling to/from the airport than you are actually on the plane.

im just going to stay indoors i think in general

DarkEnergy2012

they are more common than you might think, one came down in a storm … they are more common than you might think, one came down in a storm yesterday in Taiwan & killed about 50 people

I seen that on Sky News, so sad.

Havince

Me too, think I may order some cotton wool and bubble wrap just to make sure!

KillFelix

Why? It's still the safest form of travel by a long shot. You're actually … Why? It's still the safest form of travel by a long shot. You're actually more likely to get killed in an accident travelling to/from the airport than you are actually on the plane.

Even more reason not to fly, they wont be making that trip to the airport either that way.

Banned

Havince

If we listened to reason and never took any risks we'd all die alone in our own self-built padded rooms.

God I'm being a cheerful ray of sunshine today, aren't I? X)

KillFelix

If we listened to reason and never took any risks we'd all die alone in … If we listened to reason and never took any risks we'd all die alone in our own self-built padded rooms.God I'm being a cheerful ray of sunshine today, aren't I? X)

tonight im putting bubble wrap on the walls and im attaching springs to the ceiling. then im going to just stay in there with my laptop and use HUKD to get info on the real world, while ordering dominos pizza via the voucher codes

wish me luck

Banned

harlzter

Even more reason not to fly, they wont be making that trip to the airport … Even more reason not to fly, they wont be making that trip to the airport either that way.

Eh? So you never take any car journeys anywhere at all? Actually, any journeys using any method of transport, for that matter.

Banned

Havince

tonight im putting bubble wrap on the walls and im attaching springs to … tonight im putting bubble wrap on the walls and im attaching springs to the ceiling. then im going to just stay in there with my laptop and use HUKD to get info on the real world, while ordering dominos pizza via the voucher codeswish me luck

OK make sure you make a wee hole just in case you can't shed the bubble wrap in time.

KillFelix

OK make sure you make a wee hole just in case you can't shed the bubble … OK make sure you make a wee hole just in case you can't shed the bubble wrap in time.

im going to attach a pipe from the window down to the drain to wee down.

ill be using the same window for my pizza delivery aswell with a pully system

i would only fly with a reputable airline, at least you know they are properly maintained

Banned

Havince

im going to attach a pipe from the window down to the drain to wee … im going to attach a pipe from the window down to the drain to wee down.ill be using the same window for my pizza delivery aswell with a pully system

shouldn't you be in the cellar, planes crash on houses all the time

hocka

Me too, think I may order some cotton wool and bubble wrap just to make … Me too, think I may order some cotton wool and bubble wrap just to make sure!

More accidents happen at home than anywhere else btw

rospa.com/hom…spx

Banned

There should be a will writing stand in departure gates. Would make a killing.

Ridiculous in this age.

Banned

coloradorockies

i would only fly with a reputable airline, at least you know they are … i would only fly with a reputable airline, at least you know they are properly maintained

Cutting corners is rife with many LCC.

Proper maintainence doesn't fit in with their business model.

EN1GMA

do we know what happened to that malaysia flight that went missing a few … do we know what happened to that malaysia flight that went missing a few months ago? or is that still unresolved?

It's still up in the air.

Banned

fanpages

only a hour behind the last person who said that, oh wait, last time you were 2 years behind so you're getting better X)

Banned

fanpages

That joke has already been made.

It's funnier when you tell it though

Banned

maxim24

That joke has already been made. It's funnier when you tell it though

I actually said that completely by accident the other day when talking about MH17 - I didn't even think, it just came out and I realised too late. Felt awful afterwards!

Banned

KillFelix

I actually said that completely by accident the other day when talking … I actually said that completely by accident the other day when talking about MH17 - I didn't even think, it just came out and I realised too late. Felt awful afterwards!

An easy enough mistake to make. Both MA incidents with MH flight.

I've had to pause for a few seconds before myself.

Banned

maxim24

That joke has already been made. It's funnier when you tell it though

ewwwwwwwww

Banned

KillFelix

Weirdly enough, I posted that comment at 11:58 and this article was published at 12:03

dailymail.co.uk/new…tml

**Twilight Zone music**
    Edited by: "KillFelix" 24th Jul 2014

fanpages

whatsThePoint

only a hour behind the last person who said that, oh wait, last time you … only a hour behind the last person who said that, oh wait, last time you were 2 years behind so you're getting better X)

How about "1 month, 3 weeks ago"?

[ hotukdeals.com/mis…320 ]

Banned

it has begun
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1527
      2. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***1327
      3. word association Game73944523
      4. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow44