Latop windows key for PHILIPS 15NB5700

3 replies
Found 11th Nov 2009
Hi my kids have damaged a key on my laptop, I still have the key itself. i beleive its the white plastic thing underneath I am missing ( think its called the key switch? )
took it to my local pc repair shop who didnt really help.
I have seen a place on line which looks like I can get a replacement from
link in next post..

just wandered if anyone has used them or know of anywhere where I might get this fixed without replacing the whole keyboard
have sold this to a friend & could do with sorting it


Key switch is a bit of a woolly term for most keyboards. The plastic bit is the scissor switch mechanism that provides some of the feel for the key and it doesn't have anything to do with the switching, but it might be considered part of the key switch as a whole. Out of the three in the link I'd assume it probably is the key switch listing, the actual switch is several sheets of plastic that cover all the keys underneath the rubber dome springs so the listing seems unlikely to be that.

Unfortunately, the scissor switch mechanisms aren't standardised so if it's not repairable you will need the same type as your keyboard currently has.

Original Poster

thank you so much for taking the time to answer
rep added
Post a comment
    Top Discussions
    1. Unlock access to thousands of hidden movies and genres on Netflix using cod…44
    2. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz67
    3. #KoemanIn, Thank You Koeman for trying to get Everton relegated!1114
    4. Trying to create a list of short modern video games. Any suggestions?47

    See more discussions