Lawfully register your drone £9 p/y

Posted 5th Nov
From today you have to register your drone to be able to fly. At £9 per year I thought that was a bargain as no doubt the price will eventually go up so now is the time to do it. Register to fly for 3 years but taking responsibility last for 1 year and that's what need to be upgraded again

register-drones.caa.co.uk/ind…ual
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

31 Comments
Don't mind if I get cold votes... but love to know why so feel free to comment
Well that's another nice little earner del boy
Deal-boy-trotter05/11/2019 11:15

Don't mind if I get cold votes... but love to know why so feel free to …Don't mind if I get cold votes... but love to know why so feel free to comment

Because it is not a deal?

Don't mind if I get cold votes... but love to know why so feel free to …Don't mind if I get cold votes... but love to know why so feel free to comment

Thanks for this - very useful.
This might be more a discussion, than a deal, though
m5rcc05/11/2019 11:16

Because it is not a deal?

It is when the price hikes up to £25 a year starting in January
solid05/11/2019 11:17

Thanks for this - very useful.This might be more a discussion, than a …Thanks for this - very useful.This might be more a discussion, than a deal, though

Your welcome mate. Thought this would be a great deal before the price hike
I haven't registered my wives why would I register a drone?
Deal-boy-trotter05/11/2019 11:17

It is when the price hikes up to £25 a year starting in January

You appear to have contradicted yourself given you originaly wrote that no doubt the price will eventually go up. So which is it?
Unless your wife weighs the same as a baby elephant and drops out the sky then I guess you don't have to register her

Because it's another money grabbing idea by the government...its a bit like the speeding course I'm attending this afternoon for doing 25 mph on a 20mph zone which was near schools....but was in August when the schools were shut.
youchoose05/11/2019 11:22

Because it's another money grabbing idea by the government...its a bit …Because it's another money grabbing idea by the government...its a bit like the speeding course I'm attending this afternoon for doing 25 mph on a 20mph zone which was near schools....but was in August when the schools were shut.

Doesn't mean the 20mph speed limit isn't enforceable unless there was a sign with lights that said otherwise.
What are they hoping to achieve by making you register your drone? Folk that are irresponsible just now by flying near airports etc won't register and the problem will still exist. Just because you have registered to fly and taken an online theory test won't necessarily make you a better pilot. How many times have you seen bad driving but the person has a driving license. My theory is the CAA are strapped for cash after the money they had to shed out for Thomas Cook collapse
How is £9 a bargain when it was free yesterday.
m5rcc05/11/2019 11:24

Doesn't mean the 20mph speed limit isn't enforceable unless there was a …Doesn't mean the 20mph speed limit isn't enforceable unless there was a sign with lights that said otherwise.

No flashing light. A big long road with the black van underneath trees on a sunny day. Apparently they caught in excess of a 100 drivers in a 2 hour period...that's what I call money grabbing as most elive the 20mph zones are enforceable and the flow of the traffic was around 25mph.
youchoose05/11/2019 11:32

No flashing light. A big long road with the black van underneath trees on …No flashing light. A big long road with the black van underneath trees on a sunny day. Apparently they caught in excess of a 100 drivers in a 2 hour period...that's what I call money grabbing as most elive the 20mph zones are enforceable and the flow of the traffic was around 25mph.

But was the a sign saying that if there is no light it goes to 30mph? I assume not given what you have written.
youchoose05/11/2019 11:22

Because it's another money grabbing idea by the government...its a bit …Because it's another money grabbing idea by the government...its a bit like the speeding course I'm attending this afternoon for doing 25 mph on a 20mph zone which was near schools....but was in August when the schools were shut.

Could be worse......you could live in Edinburgh where most of the city is a 20mph zone 24 hours a day 365 days a year. They do have a tram system to pay for though so I guess it made sense
Perfect ! Need to register it before the Xmas get away as need to fly it near Heathrow
38907561-IjuXd.jpg
The test is a joke, its nothing but a money making exercise. If your up to no good with your drone your not going to register it and the chances of getting caught is basically zero.
Yet another tax. What benefit does it give me? I already have an anonymous email address stickered on in case I lose it. I've no intention of paying it just so if an accident happens someone can sue me easily.
Its really for peace of mind I guess in case the public argues you can't fly. Just show them the licence and it should shut them up
Deal-boy-trotter05/11/2019 12:37

Its really for peace of mind I guess in case the public argues you can't …Its really for peace of mind I guess in case the public argues you can't fly. Just show them the licence and it should shut them up

Make a fake one. Or tell them to **** off
Deal-boy-trotter05/11/2019 12:37

Its really for peace of mind I guess in case the public argues you can't …Its really for peace of mind I guess in case the public argues you can't fly. Just show them the licence and it should shut them up

As if random people argue "you can't drive"...

And as of you'd show your licence if someone asked you that...

Ridiculous argument tbh.
38908056-tEDD4.jpgDone
MadeDixonsCry05/11/2019 12:57

As if random people argue "you can't drive"... And as of you'd show your …As if random people argue "you can't drive"... And as of you'd show your licence if someone asked you that... Ridiculous argument tbh.

Of course it's ridiculous... because that's NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE HAS IT
whiteston05/11/2019 13:14

[Image] Done

Good one mate. Looks awesome too

But I would cover up your ID on it tho as someone could use it
Edited by: "Deal-boy-trotter" 5th Nov
Deal-boy-trotter05/11/2019 13:42

Of course it's ridiculous... because that's NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE HAS IT …Of course it's ridiculous... because that's NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE HAS IT

You can't drive mate, show me your licence.
Deal-boy-trotter05/11/2019 13:43

Good one mate. Looks awesome tooBut I would cover up your ID on it tho as …Good one mate. Looks awesome tooBut I would cover up your ID on it tho as someone could use it

I did wonder, but at the end of the day I suppose it's like number plates. Anyone could stick an arbitrary number on their drone and probably fool most people.
Since the regulations requires you to have a license for something over 250 grams to 20 kg. Just buy yourself a dji Mavic Mini, they weigh in at only 249 grams.
As I can't fly mine very well can I get a provisional licence...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants