Lawn levelling

Posted 29th Apr
I’m proposing to level my lawn. Is there a preferred weather condition when to do this? There’s a few bumps and I’m proposing a 30/70 mix of builders sand and general compost. Any tips welcomed. I also have a lawn levelling rake
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Hope she says yes.
Don't use builders sand , it contains too much lime. Do the job when the lawn is damp , this will give the turf you lift and put back a better chance of rooting .
I don’t think it matters when. I just use compost or top soil pour it in heaps all over the grass and the use my lawn levelling rake I made to spread, it will naturally find and settle in the dips and bumps, - then give a light water. It looks a little messy straight after, but soon settles in and should be nice and level.
Edited by: "Bluefusion" 29th Apr
Doing my lawn tmoz topsoil and turf is being delivered , this weather is perfect damp/wet
Bluefusion29/04/2020 12:54

I don’t think it matters when. I just use compost or top soil pour it in h …I don’t think it matters when. I just use compost or top soil pour it in heaps all over the grass and the use my lawn levelling rake I made to spread, it will naturally find and settle in the dips and bumps, - then give a light water. It looks a little messy straight after, but soon settles in and should be nice and level.

Thanks I was worried about too much rain making, erm actually I dunno, but I thought rain may be unhelpful. I’m going to reseed once settled and it’s raining.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions