Lay z spa

Posted 13th May
Can you get in the hot tub with sun cream on ? And can it be in the sun. Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
No, always shower first and remove all creams and make up. If you don't it scums the water up. Get a pop up gazebo over it.
Always get one with sides, fir night
Edited by: "Ringfinger" 13th May
People really need to research hot tub ownership. Somebody got one last week and didn't think it needed power all the time.

A hot tub is like a puppy, you need to be a responsible owner otherwise people can get hurt.

My neighbour put way too much chlorine in the once.
Edited by: "mogsog" 13th May
mogsog13/05/2020 20:12

People really need to research hot tub ownership. Somebody got one last …People really need to research hot tub ownership. Somebody got one last week and didn't think it needed power all the time.A hot tub is like a puppy, you need to be a responsible owner otherwise people can get hurt.My neighbour put way too much chlorine in the once.

Hi, I’ve been draining my hot tub out every 3 days and scrubbing it down and refilling, I have bought the chlorine granules but I’m not sure how many to put in, is there a certain amount?
I agree with @Ringfinger I wouldn’t get in with any suncream or makeup as the water will go murky and hard to restore
Edited by: "sdylan" 14th May
sdylan13/05/2020 21:06

[Image] I agree with @Ringfinger I wouldn’t get in with any suncream or m …[Image] I agree with @Ringfinger I wouldn’t get in with any suncream or makeup as the water will go murky and hard to restore

It is also one of the major causes of pump heaters failing.
mogsog13/05/2020 20:12

People really need to research hot tub ownership. Somebody got one last …People really need to research hot tub ownership. Somebody got one last week and didn't think it needed power all the time.A hot tub is like a puppy, you need to be a responsible owner otherwise people can get hurt.My neighbour put way too much chlorine in the once.

I have had the tub for 2 years we brought it in the winter, we no how to do all the chemicals !
We set it up in the summer and was a hot day so put suncream on live and learn was only asking jeeeeze
RJ77713/05/2020 21:02

Hi, I’ve been draining my hot tub out every 3 days and scrubbing it down a …Hi, I’ve been draining my hot tub out every 3 days and scrubbing it down and refilling, I have bought the chlorine granules but I’m not sure how many to put in, is there a certain amount?

You really dont need to be changing the water that often, you can make the water lasts months if you use the correct chemicals and cleaning the filters daily etc.
I put around 4 table spoons of chlorine granules to shock my water first then use chlorine tables in the floater with the openings closed. This is the perfect dosage for the lazy spa miami and always gives perfect results on the test strips.
One thing that is often overlooked on pool maintenance is scale buildup, scale eventually jams the pump and heater element to its essential to use anti scale liquid weekly.
Aqua sparkle liquid is also good for keeping the water crystal clear as this sticks all the gunk together for the filter to pick up.
We dont tent to worry about showing before hand but if you dosing yourself in sun lotion its a good idea otherwise you going to be replacing the filter more often
sdylan13/05/2020 21:06

[Image] I agree with @Ringfinger I wouldn’t get in with any suncream or m …[Image] I agree with @Ringfinger I wouldn’t get in with any suncream or makeup as the water will go murky and hard to restore

Yeah going to empty it on the weekend as well my partner make up sunscreen the lot has sent it wild was ok last year in the winter I think it’s the sun cream as she was in it last year was fine no issues with chemical balance

Bit mad thought would be fine in the sun as long as you cover when not using ?
RJ77713/05/2020 21:02

Hi, I’ve been draining my hot tub out every 3 days and scrubbing it down a …Hi, I’ve been draining my hot tub out every 3 days and scrubbing it down and refilling, I have bought the chlorine granules but I’m not sure how many to put in, is there a certain amount?

Yes an initial shock load of circa 17-20g (double check model once you’ve queued onto lay z spa website) depending on model (volume of water held) then you need to check ideally daily I believe
See here
Edited by: "7ommy.78" 13th May
kai.morgan13/05/2020 21:35

I have had the tub for 2 years we brought it in the winter, we no how to …I have had the tub for 2 years we brought it in the winter, we no how to do all the chemicals ! We set it up in the summer and was a hot day so put suncream on live and learn was only asking jeeeeze

It's not a punt at you don't worry, it's just a topical comment.

Your question was sensible.
7ommy.7813/05/2020 21:41

Yes an initial shock load of circa 17-20g (double check model once you’ve q …Yes an initial shock load of circa 17-20g (double check model once you’ve queued onto lay z spa website) depending on model (volume of water held) then you need to check ideally daily I believe See here

Thank you so much!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions