LAY-Z-SPA

Posted 20th May
Just wanted some advice as I have no clue about these but I want one lol.
What the difference between the different models, obviously I know some hold 4 people some 6 people etc but is there any other differences? Any advice would be appreciated
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
So many threads about lay-z-spas lately
Hope you're neighbours aren't the stabby types - they're very noisy especially at night.
Very important you know this OP.

They need to be on all the time, they are always consuming power. Ensure you have the power sorted out before you get one.

Calculate the monthly cost on your power plan too.
IamMT20/05/2020 20:06

https://www.lay-z-spa.co.uk/skin/frontend/layzspa/default/images/comparison-table-page.pdf

Perfect thanks mate just what I needed
Make sure you have a cover. Get a gazebo over it for when you use it. Extra insulation under it, so you dont lose heat into the floor. Always shower before (yes, before) using it. This is important to keep the water quality up.
They are all basically the same, some have seats, some lights there are other extras, but all basically the samespray from the water quantity, and seating. If you've got kids get adds big as you can - 2 kids can fill an 8 seater with arms and legs - like a pair of manic octopuses having a seizure.
Edited by: "Ringfinger" 20th May
mogsog20/05/2020 20:24

Very important you know this OP.They need to be on all the time, they are …Very important you know this OP.They need to be on all the time, they are always consuming power. Ensure you have the power sorted out before you get one. Calculate the monthly cost on your power plan too.

Not particularly I only leave it on 3 hours a day and the temperature is fine
sdylan20/05/2020 22:45

Not particularly I only leave it on 3 hours a day and the temperature is …Not particularly I only leave it on 3 hours a day and the temperature is fine

Why would you be actively cutting power off to it? If it reaches the desired temp it will hold it without consuming much power. Is it the sound?

It's not recommend to others that you do this, it may put undue stress on the heating element.
mogsog20/05/2020 23:09

Why would you be actively cutting power off to it? If it reaches the …Why would you be actively cutting power off to it? If it reaches the desired temp it will hold it without consuming much power. Is it the sound? It's not recommend to others that you do this, it may put undue stress on the heating element.

I’ve had it for 2 years and didn’t notice an increase in electricity bill
sdylan21/05/2020 00:35

I’ve had it for 2 years and didn’t notice an increase in electricity bill

So you're turning the power to it off because you didn't notice the difference in the bill?

Didn't you leave it on the whole time the first month to establish a baseline?
I have the Lazy spa St lucia.
Its a small model 3 adults , fits 2 comfortably.
Its 650L to fill .
Takes 2 chlorine tablets every 7 days in a floater , that keeps the water crystal clear .
I clean filter every 2 uses . And its lasts about 2 weeks and I throw it .
My electric is 14p a unit and it costs me around £10 a week to keep it permanently running .
Plus the chemicals costs and filters .
So thats about a £50 spend a month .
yozzman123421/05/2020 21:02

I have the Lazy spa St lucia. Its a small model 3 adults , fits 2 …I have the Lazy spa St lucia. Its a small model 3 adults , fits 2 comfortably. Its 650L to fill .Takes 2 chlorine tablets every 7 days in a floater , that keeps the water crystal clear . I clean filter every 2 uses . And its lasts about 2 weeks and I throw it . My electric is 14p a unit and it costs me around £10 a week to keep it permanently running . Plus the chemicals costs and filters .So thats about a £50 spend a month .

£50 a month to maintain it??
N29V12P9321/05/2020 22:27

£50 a month to maintain it??

Nope £50 for electricity and chemicals and filters . I keep it running every day .
yozzman123421/05/2020 22:36

Nope £50 for electricity and chemicals and filters . I keep it running …Nope £50 for electricity and chemicals and filters . I keep it running every day .

Omg I wasn’t expecting that lol
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions