Layz spa keeping plugged in

Posted 10th May
Hi there I’ve recently purchased a layz spa cancun arriving in a few days. After reading up on how these work it says this should always be kept on (I just assumed you turned off when not in use). As we have no external socket and was planning on using our socket inside our hour by our patio doors we cannot leave this on continuously. Is there a way around this?
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
Enjoy that sweet sweet electric bill
Cost more to run than buy .

Top tip do your research first
10 Comments
You will need an outdoor socket, or buy a weather proof extension and keep it outside. The tub needs to be constantly on to keep it hot. And circulate the water. It will take atleast 12 hours to heat up to begin with
Enjoy that sweet sweet electric bill
Cost more to run than buy .

Top tip do your research first
About £10 a month in electric costs, I plug mine in before bed around 10pm then unplug it in the morning when electricity cost for me is 9p per kW. However my day rate is only 15p per kW

• Massage: 0.8kW/hr
  • Filter: 0.05kW/hr
  • Heater: 2kW/hr
If you plugged it in only when you needed it the power costs would be even worse. The spa is meant to hold the desired temperature of the water rather than having to bring the water all the way up to it every time you wish to use it.

Holding at a set temperature generally costs a lot less then bringing water up to that temperature every time you want to use it.

It would also take hours to warm up every time. Like others have said you need an outdoor socket.
When I first purchased mine I heated it to 40c then every morning I set a timer for it to heat for 3hrs this way it maintains the temperature without costing lots.
First, use extra insulating underneath it. The foam mats they give you aaren't great for insulation, get an extra layer of insulation underneath. Then, as others have said, it is meant to be kept running( for the filtration as well as heating).
And shower before you use it or it foams up and gets scummy.
Sloman10/05/2020 09:48

About £10 a month in electric costs, I plug mine in before bed around 10pm …About £10 a month in electric costs, I plug mine in before bed around 10pm then unplug it in the morning when electricity cost for me is 9p per kW. However my day rate is only 15p per kWMassage: 0.8kW/hrFilter: 0.05kW/hrHeater: 2kW/hr

The way your doing it normally costs more, also £10 per month is very far from reality. At 9p per kw, if it was heating for only 4 hours per day, 72p thats £21.60 per month before you've even used any bubbles or filter.
In any months other than july-september and thats if your lucky with our weather you will be heating more than 4 hours per day, more like 6 hours minimum.
It only needs to be turned on when you use it. I always keep mine turned off unless I'm heating it up
Mark_Hickman10/05/2020 14:48

The way your doing it normally costs more, also £10 per month is very far …The way your doing it normally costs more, also £10 per month is very far from reality. At 9p per kw, if it was heating for only 4 hours per day, 72p thats £21.60 per month before you've even used any bubbles or filter. In any months other than july-september and thats if your lucky with our weather you will be heating more than 4 hours per day, more like 6 hours minimum.

Only 6 hours my lazy spa takes about 12 hours to get to 38°
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions