Groups

LCD Monitor Question

My Daewoo monitor has an extra socket (24 pin). What is it called? What is it for? Is it possible to use it to plug in a Freeview box?

I am usually well up on tech stuff, but this one has me baffled.

12 Comments

Got A Picky?

Is it a ]DVI-D socket?

Original Poster

barneydog;4086004

Is it a ]DVI-D socket?

Yep, that's the one

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d5/DVI_Connector.jpg/300px-DVI_Connector.jpg

Its The New Standard For Graphix Cards

Just Another Upgrade To Make You Spend

Morning Predikuesi

Original Poster

raptorcigs;4086014

Its The New Standard For Graphix Cards

Thanks. Was hoping I could use it to add a freeview box as my USB TV stick is not great even connected to an outside ariel.

I miss the capitals Good Morning.

Predikuesi;4086029

Thanks. Was hoping I could use it to add a freeview box as my USB TV … Thanks. Was hoping I could use it to add a freeview box as my USB TV stick is not great even connected to an outside ariel.

You could perhaps connect an upscaling Freeview box with a HDMI output into it with an adaptor like this one but it wouldn't support sound.

http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/52000080/Images/1/HDMI-Female%20to%20DVI%20Male%20Adapter%20%28Gold%29.jpg

Original Poster

barneydog;4086114

You could perhaps connect an upscaling Freeview box with a HDMI output … You could perhaps connect an upscaling Freeview box with a HDMI output into it with an adaptor like this one but it wouldn't support sound.

Thanks.
    I think it might be easier, in the long run, just to buy a monitor with TV built in.

Predikuesi;4086144

Thanks.I think it might be easier, in the long run, just to buy a monitor … Thanks.I think it might be easier, in the long run, just to buy a monitor with TV built in.

LOL, true

More importantly, HDMI output from another device may only work if the DVI port on the Monitor supports HDCP.

Xb0xGuru;4086438

More importantly, HDMI output from another device may only work if the … More importantly, HDMI output from another device may only work if the DVI port on the Monitor supports HDCP.

that was just a noise
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7231366
      2. What would be HELL to you?3255
      3. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1414
      4. Vodafone Broadband Issues11

See more discussions