LCD monitors - who really makes the panel?

4 replies
Found 11th Apr 2007
axofiber.no-ip.org/ins…htm Here is a very good list of monitors (sadly, not all available monitors are there). You can see who really makes LCD panel (the most important part of monitor) and panel type.

The header is in Russian (table itself is in English), so here is the translation (by columns):

1. Make/Model
2. Native resolution
3. Brightness
4. Contrast
5. Manufacturer's claimed response time. Note that sometimes manufacturer is using two number, such as 8 gtg / 20 typ in case of AL1923. That means 8 ms Gray to Gray or 20 ms typical. Go figure
6. Viewing angle
7. Panel make
8. Panel size
9. Panel type
10. Panel model

5 Comments

very interesting. thanks :thumbsup: My monitor isnt there though

nice. So does this solve the Apple/Dell 30" debate in Hot Deals? It has them both as LM300W01 LG.Philips

Original Poster

Another interesting ]chart. This time it is LCD panel comparison. Again, it is in Russian, so here is a translation:

1. Panel make
2. Panel model
3. Panel type
4. Contrast
5. Colours
6. Brightness
7. Contrast
8. Response time
9. Viewing angles
10. Panel size (external dimensions, not viewing size)
11. Weight
12. Number of backlight lamps
13. Coating type (anti-glare, hi-gloss). Most of panels got anti-glare coating.

If you scroll down that page, you'll find links to manufacturer's websites.
AUO - division of Acer.
Boe HyDis - part of Hyundai
CPT - if I remember correctly own CTX monitor brand.
HannStar - part of Hannspree group, remember Hanns-G monitors?
Don't know about QDI, but the rest of manufacturers are well known

Original Poster

Admin

nice. So does this solve the Apple/Dell 30" debate in Hot Deals? It has … nice. So does this solve the Apple/Dell 30" debate in Hot Deals? It has them both as LM300W01 LG.Philips

I don't expect it to happen People believe in what they want to believe and will find thousands excuses on why their belief is better than yours

Nice find.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769370
    2. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3280
    3. Happy Bandi Chorr Diwas and Happy Diwali!1214
    4. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…47

See more discussions