Groups

LCD TV/DVDFault Finding

My sons Technica 19" LCD TV/DVD has developed a fault whereby the LCD comes on for abouta second then goes off again but sound works fine. This is on TV/DVD& Scart Input. Am I right in thinking this is most likely a fault with the inverter?

Any tips? Bin it???

7 Comments

Bad buy to be honest

Original Poster

renown;7202882

Bad buy to be honest

Maybe it was but it's about 2 years old and only cost £130 so not really much room to grumble

Tillboy;7202971

Maybe it was but it's about 2 years old and only cost £130 so not really … Maybe it was but it's about 2 years old and only cost £130 so not really much room to grumble

Then bin it :whistling:

Original Poster

renown;7203007

Then bin it :whistling:

Generally my thoughts but if there was an easy quick fix... Already replaced it so no biggie :thumbsup:

Ive got a Cello 19" tv / dvd combi with similar problem, it seems to be stuck in standby, when I rang them up they seemed to be aware of the problem suggesting its a common fault with the Cello brand so id sure avoid the cheap brands in future (cello make lots of the supermarkets own brands) and get a decent one

Tillboy;7203017

Generally my thoughts but if there was an easy quick fix... Already … Generally my thoughts but if there was an easy quick fix... Already replaced it so no biggie :thumbsup:

No offence meant but that is a throw away product " a in house product"

Original Poster

renown;7203127

No offence meant but that is a throw away product " a in house product"

None taken, wasn't really prepared to pay that much for a 3 yr olds room (at the time of purchase) so the fact it lasted 2 years isn't too bad...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.917
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047185
      3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64491

See more discussions