Groups
    EXPIRED

lcd/plasma tv

looking to spend 500-700 on one not bothered about plasma or lcd either 32 or 37 inch just want the best quality one for my money.Or my best to save some more cash up?

7 Comments

Any reason why you haven't included 42" in your criteria. Bigger is best IMHO.

You could get the Philips 42PF5521D for £799 plus delivery from ]Ask Direct. Or from the unknown ]Tier 1 Online for £799 including delivery. Great spec including Freeview Tuner, 2 HDMIs, 10,000:1 Contract Ratio, Dolby Surround etc.

Also, the LG42PC1D is nearer your budget at £728.01 from ]Digital Direct. Or in stock for an incredible £694.99 from ]AJ Electronics with free express delivery.

:pirate: CJ :pirate:

Original Poster

just felt 42 would be too big for size of room aparently you need be more than 3 times the size of the tv away from the screen.

stevenxxx1

just felt 42 would be too big for size of room aparently you need be more … just felt 42 would be too big for size of room aparently you need be more than 3 times the size of the tv away from the screen.

Do you think they apply that formula to people in movie theaters?

I bought a Panasonic TH42PX600PED (42") because I was worried that the 50" would be too big. Now I wish I'd got the 50".

Personally, if you're looking for quality, you can't beat the Panasonic Plasmas.

When you finally decide what you want, ]Empire Direct and ]Digital Direct are two of the cheapest online retailers.

]Empire Direct have the TH37PX60CAB for £899.

:pirate: CJ :pirate:

IMO, i would choose the toshiba wlt range. They are excellent TV's, and you can get the 37" for about £700 now

Either the Toshiba or panasonic, around £600 each.

Consider the warranty - if you can get John Lewis to price match an instore, in stock price, they have a 5 year warranty. Well worth having on TVs

Original Poster

been looking at the toshiba the 32 is only 479 now and the thing about the distance came from the what lcd/plasma magazine as one of there 10 rules for picking a tv.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. HUKD new UI77
      2. Does anyone have a spare code from the inside of a Kellogg's cereal box for…22
      3. Has anyone bought a pair of shoes from Schuh ?11
      4. McGregor vs Mayweather33

See more discussions