Groups

League of Legends & riot points question

My son plays League of Legends and he told me about riot points and buying new characters. I know very little about this game but was wondering, is it possible to buy these points as a gift card? I was thinking of getting some for Christmas so he could upgrade his character. Thanks.

9 Comments

Yes it is possible to buy these as gift cards, they are sold in places such as GAME and WH Smiths
    Edited by: "Killerajt17" 6th Dec 2016

They come in amounts of £9 and £18 as I recall

You will need around £300 worth to unlock every champion. Then another £1000 for a desirable skin for each. This is obvs my opinion, but have been playing since S2. TThey are called Riot Points (RP).

Game stock physical cards in store and email codes for online.
    Edited by: "manngold" 6th Dec 2016

You can get every champion without paying any money, you just have to put loads of time into the game.
    Good thing about league of legends is that paying money gives you no advantage in game, its only cosmetics, or lets you unlock champions faster.

manngold

You will need around £300 worth to unlock every champion. Then another … You will need around £300 worth to unlock every champion. Then another £1000 for a desirable skin for each. This is obvs my opinion, but have been playing since S2. TThey are called Riot Points (RP). Game stock physical cards in store and email codes for online.

Nobody needs all the champions, most I'd put into a game like this is about £40 (retail price for new games)

Original Poster

Thanks for your answers and the link zmar01! I'm just trying to give him a bit of a start, as he plays for hours and then buys the first character he can "afford". He said he'd bought a character worth 3000 (points?) and is now back to zero. As I say, I know very little about the game.

I didn't realise they sold these at Asda. Must keep a look out next time I'm in there.

I play this game myself. Ill explain how it works. You can buy new Characters (Champions) For 975rp or 6300ip RP you can buy it stores on a giftcard. IP can be earned whilst playing the game. You do earn a feeble amount but you can unluck them by playing. The game itself is very easy to sink a lot of money into. But my advice would be try and lore your son towards IP boost and buying a skin for his favourite unlocked champion. Goodluck sir!

Original Poster

Thanks for the Kitsune. I was thinking of buying a gift card as a stocking filler and letting him decide what to do with his RP. I don't normally approve of spending money in-game but it seems like he plays on this for a few hours and gets a tiny reward.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. MacBook Air 11.6 MD712 Good Deal?510
      2. Mcdonalds fizzy drinks not working58
      3. cats and royal canin biscuits1017
      4. How easy is it to get a refund from Halfords?11

See more discussions