Leaking electric shower

Found 11th Sep 2017
I know a little bit about electric showers as I can actually replace one

However, I would just like to run my diagnoses past some competent people on HUKD to make sure I am thinking right here.

My Gainsborough electric shower was installed in June and now it leaks at the back of the shower when the shower is turned on but the leak stops when the shower is turned off. I am thinking that this is a fault with the shower and I need a new shower rather than a leak in the pipe connection to the shower?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments

Most likely the rubber seal between the heat exchanger and the outlet hose. If it's only 3 months old should be a warranty issue.

as it leaks only when its on it seems to be a problem with the outlet side rather than the inlet side, can you not run it (carefully) with the cover removed to see where its leaking
Edited by: "ding" 11th Sep 2017

Who ever installed the shower should fix the issue for you.

Did you buy and install this shower yourself?

kester763 h, 47 m ago

Who ever installed the shower should fix the issue for you.

Whoever supplied the shower.

Make sure it's not the PRV that's blown. Cheap showers use non resettable ones, and they aren't covered by warranty.

Original Poster

parsimony3 h, 30 m ago

Did you buy and install this shower yourself?

i bought the shower from gainsborough but a plumber installed it in June. It has only started to leak within the last few days so I am thinking it must be the shower that is the problem as it only leaks when the shower is turned on, so it can't be his fault with the plumbing.

Is the shower head restricted? Is it scaled up or have you maybe restricted the flow with your hand for example at any time?
It is probably the pressure relief valve

gainsboroughshowers.co.uk/par…ng/

mutley11 h, 52 m ago

i bought the shower from gainsborough but a plumber installed it in June. …i bought the shower from gainsborough but a plumber installed it in June. It has only started to leak within the last few days so I am thinking it must be the shower that is the problem as it only leaks when the shower is turned on, so it can't be his fault with the plumbing.

Why didn't you get the plumber to supply it as he would of got it trade. Also even if it's faulty you're going to need a plumber to replace the unit.

Your warranty should give you a new shower but you are of course still left with the problem of removing the defective one and installing its replacement.
It may be more pragmatic to open it and identify the actual source of leakage.
The is a very high chance that it will down to something very minor and fixable at little or no cost.

Turn off the electrical supply and run the shower with the cover off to see, probably is PRV

kester7611th Sep

Why didn't you get the plumber to supply it as he would of got it trade. …Why didn't you get the plumber to supply it as he would of got it trade. Also even if it's faulty you're going to need a plumber to replace the unit.

That would involve thinking logically.

parsimony12th Sep

Your warranty should give you a new shower but you are of course still …Your warranty should give you a new shower but you are of course still left with the problem of removing the defective one and installing its replacement.It may be more pragmatic to open it and identify the actual source of leakage.The is a very high chance that it will down to something very minor and fixable at little or no cost.

Think some people are so tight and greedy. Obviously they want to bodge it up as it won't be them using it!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions