Groups

Leap Year Proposals

Just for your info - and if youve been seeing threads ref engagements rings and stuff - the day for us girlies to pop the question is 29th Feb - leap year day itself! NOT VALENTINES DAY

Leap Year Proposals
    Leap Year Day is the 29th February. The tradition in England is that a woman may propose marriage to the man of her choice on this day.
    This tradition originates from hundreds of years ago to the time when leap year day was not recognised in English law - the day was leapt over' and ignored which lead to the term 'leap year'.
    As the day had no legal status, it was considered reasonable to assume that traditions had no status. Women who were concerned about being left unmarried siezed this opportunity to propose.
    It was also thought that as the leap year day corrected the difference between the calendar year of 365 days and the time for the earth to complete an orbit of the sun which is 365 days and 6 hours, this was an opportunity for women to correct the one sided tradition that a man proposes marriage to a woman.
    29th February is the day for all women wishing to take advantage of this ancient tradition. Tradition says that an honourable man will not turn her down.

17 Comments

tradition my arris

tip for all males get a pre-nuptial for any marriage you enter into, treat it as you would do any financial undertaking. as the system is biased against you.
    YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
    protect yourselves (and i dont mean wear a condom) for both males and females get a pre nuptial.

Original Poster

compo;1483728

tradition my arristip for all males get a pre-nuptial for any marriage … tradition my arristip for all males get a pre-nuptial for any marriage you enter into, treat it as you would do any financial undertaking. as the system is biased against you.YOU HAVE BEEN WARNEDprotect yourselves (and i dont mean wear a condom) for both males and females get a pre nuptial.

And while i may agree with you - how about some romance!!!!

romance is dead , society has become get what you can for yourself and ... to everyone else.

just get a pre-nup and put it in the card, lol

THE REAL ACT OF SHARING

Banned

Aquatic;1483915

And while i may agree with you - how about some romance!!!!

romance is dead !!!:whistling: get the pre nup:?

Pre-nup really not worth bothering with unless you live in the states, in which case why are you reading this?

aquatic i take it you are all loved up - well done you :thumbsup: :friends:

Original Poster

Very very loved up Lou thanks! He's lovely!

guys night out anyone? i say we head out on the night of the 28th and have a 2 day bender, that should take us past the 29th :whistling:

Banned

seancampbell;1485256

, in which case why are you reading this?

because I can :roll:

Aquatic;1485412

Very very loved up Lou thanks! He's lovely!

awww im glad to hear it, keep us posted on how wedding plans go :-D

Original Poster

got to see if he says yes yet!!!

I quite like the idea of this, it's quite quirky and great to see it's still happening - one of my good friends had his partner propose this way, worked out well for them so far.

John

Banned

Aquatic;1485592

got to see if he says yes yet!!!

dont ask him when he has his trainers on :whistling:

One plus point if ur girlfriend proposes to you on the 29th, you only have to remember the anniversary once every 4 years!!

Ian182;1485754

One plus point if ur girlfriend proposes to you on the 29th, you only … One plus point if ur girlfriend proposes to you on the 29th, you only have to remember the anniversary once every 4 years!!

ah. now thats a bonus lol.

Ian182;1485754

One plus point if ur girlfriend proposes to you on the 29th, you only … One plus point if ur girlfriend proposes to you on the 29th, you only have to remember the anniversary once every 4 years!!

lol i think i'll wait for him to ask me then

only england oh well us poor scottish girls eh
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764223
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?31141
      3. Find out how good your GP surgery is55
      4. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio711

See more discussions