Learner Driver Insurance - 90 days (renew option available) - from £1.50 a day @ Admiral via Veygo

Posted 25th Sep
In light of driving instructors charging from £20 an hour for a lesson, pushing it to £26.

It may be a good idea to perhaps take lessons in your family/friend car.

I have just insured my sister for £145.00, which works out £1.61 per day over 90 days.

You can re-insure if required again.

Please remember when letting the learner driver to drive your vehicle have an L plate displayed on front and back of the vehicle.

Failure to do so will result in 6 points.

Veygo is owned by Admiral, the reviews seem great compared to Collinwood and Adrian Flux who offer similar policies but seem to do anything to get out of helping should they be required upon - see reviews.

admiral.com/lea…nce

3299912.jpg
3299912-x9E3z.jpg
Community Updates

Groups

9 Comments
38542821-w7PBr.jpg

Quote starts at £135.00.
This is fine for filling in some driving experience and practicing however your car won't have dual controls
Edited by: "stevemack" 25th Sep
This is a top up insurance for a learner to drive an already insured vehicle whilst supervised by a cat B (car and manual gearbox) full licence holder whilst l-plates are displayed. You will still be liable for any excess! The Supervisor can not use a mobile phone or any other form of distraction!
stevemack25/09/2019 15:56

This is fine for filling in some driving experience and practicing however …This is fine for filling in some driving experience and practicing however your car won't have dual controls

Ideally you’d take the learner to quiet roads. I appreciate that if they crash it affects your policy but if you are willing to take them under your wing then let them drive during quiet hours of the day and be vigilant
screwfix.com/p/h…wcB

Magnetic L Plate at screwfix - £1.99 - free click and collect
annual policies are often much cheaper so if its a slow learner i would lean towards this. also negates the need for 2 sets of insurance.
I never had an accident in my lessons but I assume that if I did it would go against my instructors policy, with this it would go against mine?

I would hate to imagine the first year quotes I would get if I had a claim
coolio2825/09/2019 16:00

https://www.screwfix.com/p/hilka-pro-craft-magnetic-l-plates-2-pair/9090R?tc=KB6&ds_kid=92700023756847817&gclsrc=aw.ds&ds_rl=1241687&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1243318&gclid=Cj0KCQjwoKzsBRC5ARIsAITcwXFwYMT5IDiABcwHNOOHEwdVflRKXappHYVOLgpkKKnZp-WS4xPglMUaAqCuEALw_wcBMagnetic L Plate at screwfix - £1.99 - free click and collect

Or drive along many side roads and pick them up for free . Need better magnets.
deleted1410297
I remember doing one with £14-15 tcb cashback. Did 2 weeks practice with a parent and that was all that was needed. No bogus instructor time wasting.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions