Learner guitar

Posted 1st Jan
I would like to learn the guitar (via youtube/self teaching).

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good value guitar that is fairly good?

Any tips, hints etc?

Thank you
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
Dunno Sickly.
But look forward...

I found that individual guitars (of the same make/model) can all play differently. Therefore, my recommendation is to try a selection at a decent guitar shop and get the one that feels the best.

More strings = more sounds.
for beginner tips/online lessons I would recommend 'JustinGuitar Songs' - either website or Youtube channel
Do you mean acoustic? You can get video lessons here: superprof.co.uk/
Trip to a decent music shop with a budget in mind is a good idea. If not, there are quite often Yamaha acoustic guitar deals on HUKD which are usually a good starter instrument.
I’d buy a second hand guitar personally. The problem with cheap new ones is they are harder to play.
Pandamansays02/01/2020 00:15

I found that individual guitars (of the same make/model) can all play …I found that individual guitars (of the same make/model) can all play differently. Therefore, my recommendation is to try a selection at a decent guitar shop and get the one that feels the best.

Surely you have to know how to play a guitar first before you can judge which feels the best???
spoo02/01/2020 16:06

Surely you have to know how to play a guitar first before you can judge …Surely you have to know how to play a guitar first before you can judge which feels the best???

Yes and no. Some are just more comfortable to hold than others (for any given person), depending on the design of the guitar.
When I bought my first one, I just sat in the shop in a playing position, and pretended to play various guitars. Once I found one I felt comfortable with I asked the staff to play it properly, because I had no idea how to play. I wanted to make sure it sounded reasonably ok.

Different designs sit differently on your knees and stick out further to the side etc so getting one that fits you is important.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions