Groups

Learning aids for swimming - Recommendations please.

Recently started using family swimming times in our local swimming pool.Only husband can swim. Me and little ones (2 of them) need learning aids for swimming.

The pool has loads of arms and woggles, but they said we can't use them from next time as it is only for classes.

So, I need to buy good quality arms bands and woggles and float suit (for the 3 year old).

Any brand and retailer recommendations please.

Thanks.

20 Comments

selling loads of stuff in Asda

Original Poster

choc1969;5683747

selling loads of stuff in Asda

Hi choc
    I already have the character ones for arms bands and rings from Homebargains. I need the ones similar to what they have in pool, they seem to be of good quality :-D like these. Do you think they have these types in ASDA? Thanks.
    http://www.gb-sports.co.uk/speedo_armbands.jpg

Marina;5683792

Hi chocI already have the character ones for arms bands and rings from … Hi chocI already have the character ones for arms bands and rings from Homebargains. I need the ones similar to what they have in pool, they seem to be of good quality :-D like these. Do you think they have these types in ASDA? Thanks.

My local ASDA in Longwell Green had the toggles/float things for sale, going to get some to teach my foster kid to swim. They seemed same quality that I used when I was learning a few years ago

Banned

they should sell them at the swimming baths, if not and you want those sort probably a proper sports shop

i work as a lifeguard and see hundreds of swimming aids.in my experience speedo have to be the best and you can buy direct from their website. floaties range is also good for kids swimming aids.
    armbands come in different sizes so be sure to get the right ones for the kids age.buoyancy suits with floats inside are a good idea as when they get older or better swimmers you can remove one float at a time.
    for adults you can get a inflatable vest or buoyancy belt.

Original Poster

choc1969;5683822

My local ASDA in Longwell Green had the toggles/float things for sale, … My local ASDA in Longwell Green had the toggles/float things for sale, going to get some to teach my foster kid to swim. They seemed same quality that I used when I was learning a few years ago

Will have a look today, thanks:thumbsup:
    sassie;5683824

they should sell them at the swimming baths, if not and you want those … they should sell them at the swimming baths, if not and you want those sort probably a proper sports shop

I assumed that they will be expensive in the pool shop:)
    jenniep;5684125

i work as a lifeguard and see hundreds of swimming aids.in my experience … i work as a lifeguard and see hundreds of swimming aids.in my experience speedo have to be the best and you can buy direct from their website. floaties range is also good for kids swimming aids.armbands come in different sizes so be sure to get the right ones for the kids age.buoyancy suits with floats inside are a good idea as when they get older or better swimmers you can remove one float at a time.for adults you can get a inflatable vest or buoyancy belt.

Thanks for your valuable advice:thumbsup:

These are great for kids, to give them confidence in diving under the water etc.

amazon.co.uk/Zog…6SU

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31qra1BkufL._SL500_AA264_.jpg

Zoggs do quite a good range of swimming aids.

Oh, and I remember getting Woggles for my two from Early Learning Centre, they were about £6 each :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Hi Paul
    Thanks for the refund.:thumbsup:
    Btw, those sticks are scary, lol.

Marina;5684686

Hi PaulThanks for the refund.:thumbsup: Btw, those sticks are scary, lol.

No problem

They're scary, but my two loved them, and had great fun diving under for them I used to start with one on the top step, so they just had to put their face under the water when bending down to reach it, and then lower them step-by-step until they got to the bottom of the shallow end and had to swim down to get them.

Original Poster

midlandscomics;5684747

No problem :)They're scary, but my two loved them, and had great fun … No problem :)They're scary, but my two loved them, and had great fun diving under for them I used to start with one on the top step, so they just had to put their face under the water when bending down to reach it, and then lower them step-by-step until they got to the bottom of the shallow end and had to swim down to get them.

Wow!!, as it is my 3 yr old refuses to touch water even with her feet, can't think about diving yet. :-D
    And I have just started to walk in the shallow side wearing armbands, looooooong way to go before I can throw my kids into water:oops:

Marina;5684820

Wow!!, as it is my 3 yr old refuses to touch water even with her feet, … Wow!!, as it is my 3 yr old refuses to touch water even with her feet, can't think about diving yet. :-DAnd I have just started to walk in the shallow side wearing armbands, looooooong way to go before I can throw my kids into water:oops:

what about bath time :?

Original Poster

choc1969;5684860

what about bath time :?

Oh no, I meant in the pool, sorry:oops:
    She was sitting by the pool side last sunday, touching the water with her hands and .....fell inside.:oops: Now she is even more scared and scarred:) Luckily she had armbands on.

Marina;5684919

Oh no, I meant in the pool, sorry:oops: She was sitting by the pool side … Oh no, I meant in the pool, sorry:oops: She was sitting by the pool side last sunday, touching the water with her hands and .....fell inside.:oops: Now she is even more scared and scarred:) Luckily she had armbands on.

poor kid, I was terrified up until adulthood but am now a confident swimmer

Original Poster

choc1969;5684932

poor kid, I was terrified up until adulthood but am now a confident … poor kid, I was terrified up until adulthood but am now a confident swimmer

I know, I'm terrifed still:oops: Last year in a water park abroad, I fell into neck deep water and thought I was drowning. Actually I was ...but hubby and lifeguards were there. Thats why I'm making an effort now

Marina;5685027

I know, I'm terrifed still:oops: Last year in a water park abroad, I fell … I know, I'm terrifed still:oops: Last year in a water park abroad, I fell into neck deep water and thought I was drowning. Actually I was ...but hubby and lifeguards were there. Thats why I'm making an effort now

good on you and it's nothing to be embarrassed about hun I am going to learn to ride a bike soon.....lol, opted for a skatebaord when i was a child but not much use now apart from when learning to snowboard

choc1969;5685047

good on you and it's nothing to be embarrassed about hun [COLOR="Red"]I … good on you and it's nothing to be embarrassed about hun [COLOR="Red"]I am going to learn to ride a bike soon[/COLOR].....lol, opted for a skatebaord when i was a child but not much use now apart from when learning to snowboard

I'm in the 'not able to ride a bike' club too

I had one when I was little, but got my grandad's toolbox out and stripped the bike down :-D My mum wasn't best pleased, and would never buy me another one :oops:

midlandscomics;5685088

I'm in the 'not able to ride a bike' club too :)I had one when I was … I'm in the 'not able to ride a bike' club too :)I had one when I was little, but got my grandad's toolbox out and stripped the bike down :-D My mum wasn't best pleased, and would never buy me another one :oops:

Do you have young nephews/nieces taling the p ?

choc1969;5685117

Do you have young nephews/nieces taling the p ?

Nope. But my 5 year old does :roll:

"Learning aids for swimming"

Water is the first thing that came to mind.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 41% of 40-60 year olds do not go for a brisk walk of >10 minutes A MONTH!1117
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …5032509
      3. word association Game72944199
      4. GCSE Results day911

See more discussions