Groups

Learning Arabic

So my girlfriend has decided she wants to learn Arabic. Can anyone recommend a book, dvd, cd etc that is good for learning this. We have seen a few but would like to know a good one that maybe someone has had experience with before we buy.

18 Comments

To speak or to read/write? Pimsleur and Michel Thomas do audio CDs.

Check your local college most offer courses for a fee.

Banned

Imshi

It was funny, in a childish way, i apologise......!

Wil.......a starting point, see if she likes it

]Link

I demand for them to apologize and quit HUKD!!!

Abvance;3330916

I demand for them to apologize and quit HUKD!!!

Whose them?

Lulu'sMammy;3330963

Whose them?

The person who made the joke and the people who laughed at it, i.e. you :whistling: j/k btw

why would that guy say tht?

Abvance;3331013

The person who made the joke and the people who laughed at it, i.e. you … The person who made the joke and the people who laughed at it, i.e. you :whistling: j/k btw

I did apologise

Please keep comments on topic, the OP is asking for help in seeking out the best way to learn Arabic. For example a book, cd or dvd title. Thank you. Any off topic posts will be removed.

amibees;3331048

Please keep comments on topic, the OP is asking for help in seeking out … Please keep comments on topic, the OP is asking for help in seeking out the best way to learn Arabic. For example a book, cd or dvd title. Thank you. Any off topic posts will be removed.

Cheers amibees :thumbsup:

I downloaded a program from a website called byki.com/ and it seemed quite good to start with.

I have tried learning Arabic before, I think the writing is lovely

Michael Thomas is supposed to be a good method to use to learn a language. I did a wee bit of the German and Russian courses to test and they were pretty good so I'd go for his course.

Why'd the other guy get banned/suspended then? thats a bit harsh.

Banned

StevenA2000_uk;3331127

Why'd the other guy get banned/suspended then? thats a bit harsh.

He made a suggestion on why someone might want to learn arabic!

Imshi (I say again!)

Original Poster

Never saw the comments you are all talking about but they seem to have ruffled a few feathers. Just to clarify my girlfriend wants to learn this as it will help her in her job. I can imagine the small minded response some may have given and I do appreciate the people who have helped. At the moment she just needs to know the basics so these sites I have been sent will be great. She may well just use them for now as it should suffice. Thanks again to all who have helped, this has been very useful. I will be sending rep your way.

Original Poster

Abvance;3330790

To speak or to read/write? Pimsleur and Michel Thomas do audio CDs.

At the moment just reading. I don't think she needs the writing but it does look really nice. It does also look really hard.

Banned

Errr...

Guv.....whats 'Imshi ' mean?

missed out on the comments but I can imagine....stupid....if you have those views keep em to yourself and try and deal with your problems
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mil track and trace11
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826347
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423714461
      4. Get £20 Pizza Express Gift Voucher if code doesn't work via Vouchercodes68

See more discussions