Groups

Learning Punjabi

Hey all

I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience learning Punjabi (Indian). I would really really appreciate some advice, if anyone has.
    None of the colleges near me seem to do it, as its not a widely spoken language and theres prob not so much demand for it.
    Anyways, enough of my waffling lol...it would be great if anyone has any pointers on good online courses or CDs/DVDs I can get a hold off

THANKSSSSS!

P.s. I hope this is in the right section....I wasnt sure

13 Comments

It's gonna be tough! Non-Latin languages use entirely different structures... Good luck!

Banned

Maybe try Rosetta Stone!

I can speak punjabi, well sort of mate. (my third langauge of choice). Get your self down a Gudwara/Temple they have classes there AFAIK mane.

long shot but try a torrent search for any linguaphone CD's which you maybe able to download

black gerbil1;3431625

I can speak punjabi, well sort of mate. (my third langauge of choice). … I can speak punjabi, well sort of mate. (my third langauge of choice). Get your self down a Gudwara/Temple they have classes there AFAIK mane.

U can speak punjabi? Is this one of your many "i can do ...." or is that for real?

On this occasion i would have to agree with the gerbil, get down to a punjabi class for kids, don't be ashamed that all the others are kids, u got to start somewhere. Didn't u pick it up as a kid at home?

MANJ_007;3431717

U can speak punjabi? Is this one of your many "i can do ...." or is that … U can speak punjabi? Is this one of your many "i can do ...." or is that for real?On this occasion i would have to agree with the gerbil, get down to a punjabi class for kids, don't be ashamed that all the others are kids, u got to start somewhere. Didn't u pick it up as a kid at home?

Kidda Manj, Hor kee fer? teek ar?
    Translate:
    How are you manj, what is new, are you well?

:roll:

black gerbil1;3431730

Kidda Manj, Hor kee fer? teek ar?Translate:How are you manj, what is new, … Kidda Manj, Hor kee fer? teek ar?Translate:How are you manj, what is new, are you well? :roll:

Not bad, i retract the above comment in THIS thread only! :thumbsup::oops:

your best bet is getting some punjabi books there are many you can get some which teach you in 30 days just go to a Gurudwara they will tell you which ones you need.

I sense JB intervention on this thread, howdy now silent ,ex lover.

the porter;3432295

pmsl bg1 you tickle me you do

oh aye? do we need another love thread? :thumbsup:

MinstrelMan;3432350

oh aye? do we need another love thread? :thumbsup:

YES!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions