Learning to drive - software/books?

Found 24th Apr
Hi all,
does anyone have any good tips for learning to drive, I.e. Theory practise etc?
I passed my test a number of years ago using the Highway Code book and that alone, wanting my partner to start working towards it, but Amazon seems filled with DVD guides and practise tests, not sure which is best to invest in.
also note most were written in 2015/16 but thought the questions had been updated recently in 2018 to become more modern so unsure if they won't be out of date.

Any first hand experience would be appreciated
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
app.theorytestpro.co.uk/lib…ies

Your local library will be able to provide you with the most recent theory tests for free. Worth a look .
Check the play store if on android. They have a very good app 4.99 which does theory and hazards etc, found it very useful as you can have a quick go on break at work etc.
I think you know the issue but haven’t articulated it yet yourself - you studied the Highway Code and then did practice tests and you are looking for something to help your girlfriend and it seems like it’s only practice tests. That’s right! You should check out the Highway Code again with her and look at the practice tests available on the DVSA website. The best way to enjoy the process would be to read it together, look at some road signs online, then go for it and do a test but try and look the answers up in the Highway Code together and read the question explanations at the time for each one and discuss it.

The reality is you’re probably smart, she’s probably smart and you’re not wanting to tell her to just wing it because you don’t want to seem like a just wing it type of guy now you’ve got your smoking hot girlfriend who needs to be impressed by your mature safety first attitude. So just do what I suggest and focus more on the romance than on the maturity aspect and you’ll be getting an A* in your boyfriend review at the end of the month anyway.

I know my answer rapidly evolved into relationship advice rather than tips on the theory test but I would be willing to bet a smart chap like yourself was hoping there was something all the plebs studied you could get like a textbook with walk through and what not. Well as a smart person that honour falls on your shoulders if you want the A* grade. You can get some materialistic distraction from amazon or the library if you like, just choose any that have been published recently. The questions maybe have been updated but it’s all still more or less the same, could probably google the differences if you’re looking for smart-boyfriend bonus points.
Bonus tip is they don’t publish the questions they actually use any more. Bonus bonus tip they didn’t change them much so they’re essentially the same anyway.
I used the Driving Theory Test app for the week leading up to my test and no other learning and got something like 49/50 in the questions, hazard perception I used a few sites. The app was worth the money though, I just kept doing it till I'd done every question then did just the ones I got wrong. Probably an hour or two a day for the week leading up to it and passed np problem.
dcx_badass3 h, 29 m ago

I used the Driving Theory Test app for the week leading up to my test and …I used the Driving Theory Test app for the week leading up to my test and no other learning and got something like 49/50 in the questions, hazard perception I used a few sites. The app was worth the money though, I just kept doing it till I'd done every question then did just the ones I got wrong. Probably an hour or two a day for the week leading up to it and passed np problem.

This.

Son and girlfriend have both used it. Like dcx they "played" it until they got it right.
I used a dvd which I bought, contained 1500 questions, signs were easy to learn with a Highway Code book, hazard perception was video with clicks on the disc and it gave you score. Passed theory before I even got in a car, passed test 1st time after 4 days worth of lessons with only a couple of minors.

Best advice is there is plenty you can teach people about how to drive but aptitude, common sense and spacial awareness comes with practice and intelligence. Some people genuinely shouldn’t be drivers as they lack all the necessary skills apart from being able to turn a key a move a car forward. Parking is a good example as is driving style on fast roads.
As a few bave mentioned definatly the app on android/iphone for £4.99

official dvsa theory test kit.

Nearly all the questions on the apps mock tests came up kn the theory test.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants