Lease cars change over

Posted 28th Jan
For those on lease cars - how do you make sure that when you are sending one back you get the next one on the right date so that you don’t end up with no car at all??

I’m just getting a 2 year deal in the next few days and want to make sure I’m doing the right things for when I send it back....yes I know it’s 2 years away!! Lol
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
Doesn't sound difficult at all
depends how much of a deal you want to seek out on changeover

Ive a least going back mid April but every decent deal is now either factory order and too late to order as its 12/14 weeks delivery or if its a stock car its too soon

so its gonna be a roll of the dice and hope for a decent stock deal once I get into April

The last twice I changed were easy as the dealer I was using had good deals around xmas that they could hold the car longer but a broker wont hold a car like that
I ordered mine 6 months in advance and it still fell through- the guy hadn’t done the finance so there was a delay
I refused to give him my business 😡
VW financial were amazing and gave me 2 weeks grace then charged me £8 per day until I got a new one sorted - managed to get a stock car within 4 weeks - your current company will probably get in touch and offer you a decent deal
I just ordered mine and arranged delivery the day before my old one was due to be collected. I changed insurance the next day as I have a drive off road.
I'm on my first lease car at the moment on a two year deal with a year left. My plan is to get our next car through the same vendor and she'll make sure we aren't without a car. (Ordered through LingsCars)
Thanks....good plan

Now a different question. The car I’m getting is for the Mrs. Can I just put her on the insurance on do I have to put myself and her as the 2nd driver? Thanks
AdamWalkerGX729/01/2020 15:39

Thanks....good plan Now a different question. The car I’m getting is for t …Thanks....good plan Now a different question. The car I’m getting is for the Mrs. Can I just put her on the insurance on do I have to put myself and her as the 2nd driver? Thanks

You can just put her on unless you're going to be driving it too. Your insurance will ask who is the legal owner etc.. Remember to get GAP insurance as well.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 29th Jan
.MUFC.29/01/2020 16:42

You can just put her on unless you're going to be driving it too. Your …You can just put her on unless you're going to be driving it too. Your insurance will ask who is the legal owner etc.. Remember to get GAP insurance as well.

Ok. What’s gap insurance??
AdamWalkerGX729/01/2020 17:09

Ok. What’s gap insurance??

Basically if the car was stolen, written off etc.. the insurance would only pay the market value. You would then have to make up the difference etc.. GAP insurance bridges the difference.

Better explanation
Definitely get gap insurance, I've got gap insurance on my car.
.MUFC.29/01/2020 16:42

You can just put her on unless you're going to be driving it too. Your …You can just put her on unless you're going to be driving it too. Your insurance will ask who is the legal owner etc.. Remember to get GAP insurance as well.

Can I put just her on - I’ll never drive it. Also isn’t the lease company the legal owner and not me????
AdamWalkerGX730/01/2020 21:00

Can I put just her on - I’ll never drive it. Also isn’t the lease company t …Can I put just her on - I’ll never drive it. Also isn’t the lease company the legal owner and not me????

Yes and that is correct.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants