Expired

Leased car servicing

Found 22nd Apr
hey guys just a quick question i have a leased ford fiesta 65 plate. its done 7500 miles in 2 years. now i got it on febuary 2016, serviced feb 2017. now in my lease contract it has to be serviced anually now its april now. do i have it to do it exactly on febuary or does it have to just be in 2018? maybe a stupid question but just curious. thanks guys
Community Updates
AskCar
3 Comments
I would get it done asap, think they allow a little leeway but 2 months it getting a little ambitious.

Its a 12 month service so it’s not any time that year, its 12 months from its last.
Edited by: "mds1256" 22nd Apr
Get it done immediately and ensure the garage puts in the right oil. In this position, it's probably worth sucking up the cost of a main dealer service. I usually shop around the local garages and ask a dealer to match it. 9 times out of 10, they will so long as its a reputable independent.

The car has done very low mileage which implies multiple short journeys. Very low mileage cars can be a worse buy than high mileage depending on the maintenance history. Lots of cold starts and cold running with poor lubrication of the engine makes it more important than ever to change the oil.

Reading the contract or calling the lease company is the ONLY way to find out your position. No one here can answer for sure. If anything goes wrong with the engine, the maintenance history plays a big part in deciding who pays.
Lease co will expect servicing to be as per the leasing agreement that you signed and which would typically require / imply to be IAW manufacturer's schedule as stated in vehicle's handbook. Random example of Lexautolease maintenance flyer dated 2015 states "Check your vehicle is regularly serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations..." which seems perfectly reasonable cos after all: how could the lease co viably disagree with the recommendations of the manufacturer? driver.lexautolease.co.uk/pdf…pdf
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants