Leasing - insurance from scratches

Posted 23rd May
I am thinking to lease a first car. What concerns me is after 1 year of parking in the city I have a lot of scratches (don't know why people don't respect another people property, parking on paid parkings).
If I will lease a new car, after 2 years of using it will have a lot of scratches and I will need to pay for every one of them.
Is there a cheap insurance for leasing, that will cover this cost?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Lease a black car, just before you need to hand it back give it a good wash, and then use a decent quality permanent marker to cover any scratches. Worked for the last car I leased.
Quote "(don't know why people don't respect another people property, parking on paid parkings)."They are better known as " The great un washed ", they have no respect for themselves so the rest of us have no chance.
16 Comments
You are normally allowed scratches and chips up to a certain size when you hand the car back. Look it up in the lease companies T&C's.
BVRLA produce industry standard guidelines but the individual lease companies may vary these, but they have to provide you with a copy on request.
Fair wear and tear guidelines.

You can buy 'scratch and dent' insurance.
Quote "(don't know why people don't respect another people property, parking on paid parkings)."They are better known as " The great un washed ", they have no respect for themselves so the rest of us have no chance.
Lease a black car, just before you need to hand it back give it a good wash, and then use a decent quality permanent marker to cover any scratches. Worked for the last car I leased.
That's clever
st8mike23/05/2020 14:20

Quote "(don't know why people don't respect another people property, …Quote "(don't know why people don't respect another people property, parking on paid parkings)."They are better known as " The great un washed ", they have no respect for themselves so the rest of us have no chance.

Untrue, I had my car dented by a well to do bloke in a brand new Merc. He got into his car and banged my door with his, I got out and confronted him and he just said it was an accident and one of those things. I asked what he was going to do about it and he just said nothing, I said "how about I put a dent in your door" and he just laughed and told me to crack on as it was a company car.
jat247423/05/2020 15:55

Lease a black car, just before you need to hand it back give it a good …Lease a black car, just before you need to hand it back give it a good wash, and then use a decent quality permanent marker to cover any scratches. Worked for the last car I leased.

Smelling a bit of BS there, most permanent markers would actually highlight the scratch as they leave a purple hue on black gloss surfaces (unless we're talking superficial ones that wouldn't be an issue anyway). The best solution is NOT to wash it, I had a full (albeit not deep) scratch down the side of my last trade in, took it in dirty and apologised profusely for the state of it.. the scratch wasn't picked up.
Timschoice23/05/2020 18:25

Untrue, I had my car dented by a well to do bloke in a brand new Merc. He …Untrue, I had my car dented by a well to do bloke in a brand new Merc. He got into his car and banged my door with his, I got out and confronted him and he just said it was an accident and one of those things. I asked what he was going to do about it and he just said nothing, I said "how about I put a dent in your door" and he just laughed and told me to crack on as it was a company car.

I didn't say whether they had to be rich or poor in financial terms, just lacking in the sensible brain department.
jat247423/05/2020 15:55

Lease a black car, just before you need to hand it back give it a good …Lease a black car, just before you need to hand it back give it a good wash, and then use a decent quality permanent marker to cover any scratches. Worked for the last car I leased.

Never, never, never lease a black car.

Every single hairline scratch will show up.
u66454123/05/2020 19:10

Never, never, never lease a black car.Every single hairline scratch will …Never, never, never lease a black car.Every single hairline scratch will show up.

Silver is probably better.
Timschoice23/05/2020 18:31

Smelling a bit of BS there, most permanent markers would actually …Smelling a bit of BS there, most permanent markers would actually highlight the scratch as they leave a purple hue on black gloss surfaces (unless we're talking superficial ones that wouldn't be an issue anyway). The best solution is NOT to wash it, I had a full (albeit not deep) scratch down the side of my last trade in, took it in dirty and apologised profusely for the state of it.. the scratch wasn't picked up.

All of them know about the dirty car trick. Most hire companies have that covered in small print. Lease should have that covered to. Maybe you got lucky with a worker that just wanted to go home
st8mike23/05/2020 18:42

I didn't say whether they had to be rich or poor in financial terms, just …I didn't say whether they had to be rich or poor in financial terms, just lacking in the sensible brain department.

“Great unwashed” hardly relates to the rich.....
MR112323/05/2020 20:45

All of them know about the dirty car trick. Most hire companies have that …All of them know about the dirty car trick. Most hire companies have that covered in small print. Lease should have that covered to. Maybe you got lucky with a worker that just wanted to go home

TBF it’s never failed me, maybe you’ve been unlucky? I’m not talking mud covered or major dent, but a nice dusty layer can hide quite a lot of minor issues
Timschoice23/05/2020 23:57

“Great unwashed” hardly relates to the rich.....

SO it would seem you haven't heard that terminology before, it is just a general term to describe the braindead/idiots/those lacking in common sense.
st8mike24/05/2020 11:01

SO it would seem you haven't heard that terminology before, it is just a …SO it would seem you haven't heard that terminology before, it is just a general term to describe the braindead/idiots/those lacking in common sense.

The internet does not agree with you:

This expression is pejorative and refers to people who do not have much money, or who lack a formal education. It can also be used in a more open sense to mean the general public.

Perhaps it’s you who needs to brush up on your phraseology (unless you’re Royalty or are accepting thatyou are part of the great unwashed?)
Oh so the internet says that only poor people can be " the great un washed ", well bully for the internet, there are many so called educated and or rich people around who qualify for the " great un washed " , just to add a couple of points, its said you shouldn't believe everything you read ( fake news ) and secondly an old saying that goes, if the cap fits wear it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions