Leather sofa cleaning products?

12 replies
Found 16th Oct 2010
We bought a leather sofa from dfs last tear and they supplied a couple of boxes of their care clothes to clean and protect it with, they did a great Job but have now ran out

Can anyone recommend a good leather cleaning product they have used?

12 Comments

we use mr sheen leather wipes-available in any supermarket-dont buy the cheap alternatives-they are crap!

I use baby wipes.

If you want a leather specific product auto glym leather care balm is quite good.

We were supplied leather cleaner with ours to but ours came from Joysleep, ran out of that stuuff after a while and have been using Gumption Leather Referbisher wipes, get them from Wilkinsons, But did think it needed a cream clean so when I was in TKMaxx the other week they had some stuff in there was £1.99 a 200ml bottle, Wheelers Natural Beeswax Leather Balm, not to be used on Aniline leather, but was really good for mine wipe it on with one cloth buff it up with another you can get if from beewaxed.com made by a company in Preston, not sure what there price is on the net but do recommend the product:)

Original Poster

Cheers guys I'll have a look at some of them.... But not the baby wipes oO
Edited by: "souljacker" 16th Oct 2010

agree with baby wipes or dove soap on a damp towel

Original Poster

sweetas2009

agree with baby wipes or dove soap on a damp towel

oO

Professional upholsterer told us to use a weak solution of baby shampoo and water or to use baby wipes with no alcohol in them.

I use 16p asda baby wipes on mine.

Banned

Baby wipes will break down the protective coating on the leather.

Wilkinson leather wipes are cheap and do a good job.

Original Poster

Why are people suggesting baby wipes?? It's the worst thing you could use on a leather sofa, I hope you are all just joking

souljacker

Why are people suggesting baby wipes?? It's the worst thing you could use … Why are people suggesting baby wipes?? It's the worst thing you could use on a leather sofa, I hope you are all just joking

Because a guy who repairs leather sofas for a living said they are suitable. I've used them for ages, and the sofa is fine.

Original Poster

moob

Because a guy who repairs leather sofas for a living said they are … Because a guy who repairs leather sofas for a living said they are suitable. I've used them for ages, and the sofa is fine.

I think I'll give baby wipes a miss, plenty of peoe including the place where I bought it sayers the worst thing you can use, after a bit of googling that seems to back it up

Baby wipes will dry the pigment and ruin the leather
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861868
    2. word association Game74244894
    3. Coming up to bonfire night ...2128
    4. sweet Sundays codes need to be redeemed by 23.59 on the 19th of October56

See more discussions