Leave Plusnet Broadband (and possibly Phone) even if you are within Contract

Found 27th Mar
Just done this and took 8 minutes.

Step 1. Contact Plusnet by live chat and ask them to confirm your leave date along with a copy of the contract that you signed. They will give you your leave date and point to a vague email that they sent you when you signed up. Ask them for a copy of the actual contract. They will transfer you.

Step 2. The new chat person will send you a link to the Standard terms. However this is not a copy of the "Contract" that you signed. It is not valid as it does NOT mention a duration of contract.

Step 3 Tell them that as there is no duration to the contract you wish to leave now. The person I chatted took less then 60 seconds to remove my minimum term limit. They should confirm this with a follow up email which took another minute to arrive.
Community Updates
13 Comments
Hi @bob_regis i've moved this over to misc. Thanks for posting
33524366-zgWHp.jpg
I don't get these 'leave your contract early' threads. Why is everyone so keen to jump out of the frying pan and into the fire? I mean, this particular one isn't even anything to do with price rises as far as I can see. It just looks like trying to leave your contract 'because you can'.
deeky27 m ago

I don't get these 'leave your contract early' threads. Why is everyone so …I don't get these 'leave your contract early' threads. Why is everyone so keen to jump out of the frying pan and into the fire? I mean, this particular one isn't even anything to do with price rises as far as I can see. It just looks like trying to leave your contract 'because you can'.

Usually when you join a new provider they offer incentives like £100 signing up bonus etc but you are locked into a contract. By leaving early you can go and join another company and gain from another signing up bonus.

A contract needs to be fair and clear to both parties, in this case it is unfair as there is no clear duration of contract.

Some might see it as a loop hole or exploitative however Plusnet can't go around stating that people need to pay them a monthly amount for x number of months cause of the contract when no such contract exists.
bob_regis11 m ago

Usually when you join a new provider they offer incentives like £100 …Usually when you join a new provider they offer incentives like £100 signing up bonus etc but you are locked into a contract. By leaving early you can go and join another company and gain from another signing up bonus. A contract needs to be fair and clear to both parties, in this case it is unfair as there is no clear duration of contract. Some might see it as a loop hole or exploitative however Plusnet can't go around stating that people need to pay them a monthly amount for x number of months cause of the contract when no such contract exists.

Each to their own I suppose. I'd rather stay with one, as long as I'm happy with the service I'm getting, than be flitting about just to get sign on bonuses or discounts. I get them every year with my own provider.
deeky9 m ago

Each to their own I suppose. I'd rather stay with one, as long as I'm …Each to their own I suppose. I'd rather stay with one, as long as I'm happy with the service I'm getting, than be flitting about just to get sign on bonuses or discounts. I get them every year with my own provider.

Agree, not for everyone. I left BT early as they changed the price and now with leaving Plusnet early I stand to save £240 over twelve months.
My Plusnet fibre broadband has been superb for years. I wouldn't know who to jump to if I left them. VM has so much speed throttling complaints
The worst mistake I ever made was moving from BT to Plusnet. Internet constantly goes off, sometimes up to 20 times a day. When with BT it went off no more than twice in 12 months.
Can't leave paid the line rental 100% up front to save a bit,but only 12 month contract anyway.
Darzen4 h, 40 m ago

The worst mistake I ever made was moving from BT to Plusnet. Internet …The worst mistake I ever made was moving from BT to Plusnet. Internet constantly goes off, sometimes up to 20 times a day. When with BT it went off no more than twice in 12 months.

Thats interesting, mine is the opposite.
SilverBlack50 m ago

Can't leave paid the line rental 100% up front to save a bit,but only 12 …Can't leave paid the line rental 100% up front to save a bit,but only 12 month contract anyway.

That shouldn't matter, you should be able to leave and get a pro rata refund of remaining phone lines. That is what happened when BT did not comply with their contract.
deleted5795929th Mar

Personally Id recommend SKY, and you could negotiate a decent deal with …Personally Id recommend SKY, and you could negotiate a decent deal with them, I currently get Line Rental, upto 52MB Fibre & Talk Unlimited (basically all calls except premium free) which I have at £12.50 for 12 months then £17.50 for a further 6 months more.

Are your torrent downloads speed throttled?
I pay £30/m incl. line rental for 76Mbps fibre and free weekend calls.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants