Leave Vodafone broadband for no penalty - due to price increase

Posted 16th Oct
Just received an email indicating that Broadband will be increasing my broadband bill by £2.50 a month. Due to the size of the increase I can leave early with no penalty. Good news if you were trying to escape your contract early.
Community Updates

Groups

13 Comments
Plusnet emailed today as well increasing by £1 and letting people leave penalty free
Myriad16/10/2019 13:42

Plusnet emailed today as well increasing by £1 and letting people leave …Plusnet emailed today as well increasing by £1 and letting people leave penalty free

I recall a lot of people signed up to vodafone recently for a decent free gift or freebie offer. Many will be happy to be released early
I havnt received the email yet but I renewed in August. If it does then I will leave so I can get freebies from another provider
manicmidlander16/10/2019 13:47

I recall a lot of people signed up to vodafone recently for a decent free …I recall a lot of people signed up to vodafone recently for a decent free gift or freebie offer. Many will be happy to be released early

I signed up to that then cancelled for the Virgin offer, they didn't actually cancel it and I had to complain and they paid me £50 lol
Misslovely16/10/2019 13:54

I havnt received the email yet but I renewed in August. If it does then I …I havnt received the email yet but I renewed in August. If it does then I will leave so I can get freebies from another provider

Yes that's my plan too
I'm moving to Now (TV) Broadband. It's only basic but unlimited usage and only £11.50 a month as long as you go via Topcashback and it pays out. It took my ages to get through to Vodafone cancellations only to be told that my contract will automatically be cancelled as long as I move to my new supplied within 30 days. I will then have yet another router to get rid of.
no e-mail but i may leave early if they do.

unsure who would go with though i use my own router as the Voda one is terrible and BT are pricey may look around if it goes up.
Breaking news. Phone contracts go up.
dickypreston18/10/2019 10:59

no e-mail but i may leave early if they do.unsure who would go with though …no e-mail but i may leave early if they do.unsure who would go with though i use my own router as the Voda one is terrible and BT are pricey may look around if it goes up.

The new Vodafone Vox 3.0 router is decent enough. They gave me one for free when I upgraded after I received the same email. Because I'm already a mobile customer they gave me a £3 discount plus a further 10% off. £21.60 for superfast 2 . I get around 60mb.

They don't block torrent or IPTV sites either etc.. so it's a win win and happy with the price.
deeky18/10/2019 11:02

Breaking news. Phone contracts go up.

Or rather ... if your broadband contract goes up by more than RPI ( which it just has ) you can leave penalty free.
Never got any email and I wanted to leave early! Damn it
No e-mail yet. How does it make sense to have paid £100 gift card and cashback to then give the option to leave early? Just keep the price as is.
moh22323/10/2019 20:30

No e-mail yet. How does it make sense to have paid £100 gift card and …No e-mail yet. How does it make sense to have paid £100 gift card and cashback to then give the option to leave early? Just keep the price as is.

The email I received gave the option of keeping the same price if you were willing to start a new 18 month contract with Vodafone but I didn't want to be tied in for a further 18 months.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants