Leave Vodafone contract early - No fee and keep phone

Found 21st Jun 2015
Vodafone are increasing the prices for some calls from 10th August and are sending texts to some of those affected. 

The text message links to the following page:

vodafone.co.uk/pri…ym2

The page explains that as the rise is more than 0.9% RPI they are offering those customers affected the opportunity to leave their contracts early, with no exit fee and still keep their device.

I for one am only 2 months into a £50pm 24 month S6 Edge contact so this is excellent for me. My letter went in the post last week so am just waiting for confirmation from Vodafone. Soon as it comes I'll be switching to a cheaper sim only deal.

This only applies if you received a message linking you to the above page, there is a very similar message floating around but directs you to a different page. Check your messages people!

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
90 Comments
there is no way they will be letting customers keep the handsets too??? they will loose so by doing this wont they?

so you are saying they will let you off with a s6 edge for approx £100? :O
JaYy_dOg

there is no way they will be letting customers keep the handsets too??? … there is no way they will be letting customers keep the handsets too??? they will loose so by doing this wont they?so you are saying they will let you off with a s6 edge for approx £100? :O

Exactly.
Complete rubbish.

You will find that you are subject to price increases without a get out of contract clause in 99.9% of things. Let me know how the letter from Vodafone rejecting this goes...
joecj

Complete rubbish.You will find that you are subject to price increases … Complete rubbish.You will find that you are subject to price increases without a get out of contract clause in 99.9% of things. Let me know how the letter from Vodafone rejecting this goes...

did you check the link OP posted?

We’ll be making some changes to our pricing. These changes will happen a … We’ll be making some changes to our pricing. These changes will happen automatically so you won’t need to do anything. This page explains what these changes are and how they’ll affect you.We really hope you’ll decide to stay with us, but as these changes will increase your monthly bill by more than the Retail Price Index (RPI 0.9%), you’re entitled to end your agreement without charge. If you decide to do this, please write to us before 28 July 2015 at Vodafone Limited, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN.

Edited by: "harlzter" 21st Jun 2015
joecj

Complete rubbish.You will find that you are subject to price increases … Complete rubbish.You will find that you are subject to price increases without a get out of contract clause in 99.9% of things. Let me know how the letter from Vodafone rejecting this goes...

Maybe but from the horses mouth:

"We really hope you’ll decide to stay with us, but as these changes will increase your monthly bill by more than the Retail Price Index (RPI 0.9%), you’re entitled to end your agreement without charge. If you decide to do this, please write to us before 28 July 2015 at Vodafone Limited, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN."
Dmc88

Maybe but from the horses mouth:"We really hope you’ll decide to stay w … Maybe but from the horses mouth:"We really hope you’ll decide to stay with us, but as these changes will increase your monthly bill by more than the Retail Price Index (RPI 0.9%), you’re entitled to end your agreement without charge. If you decide to do this, please write to us before 28 July 2015 at Vodafone Limited, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN."

Does it say anything about keeping the phone?
I got the same message but without the following bit:

"We’ll be making some changes to our pricing. These changes will happen automatically so you won’t need to do anything. This page explains what these changes are and how they’ll affect you.

We really hope you’ll decide to stay with us, but as these changes will increase your monthly bill by more than the Retail Price Index (RPI 0.9%), you’re entitled to end your agreement without charge. If you decide to do this, please write to us before 28 July 2015 at Vodafone Limited, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN.

This information only applies if you received a text from us directing you here. If you’ve received this information from anyone else, the details shown here don’t apply to you."

Im on the XL 10GB Contract so I guess this doesn't apply to me.
I left Voda..

it took 5 letters with recorded delivery, over 16 phone calls and over 3+ hours of talkative and 5 internet web chats. Further to that, an ombudsmen case number too... And I had done everything by the book i.e. 30 days notice and the likes. I would be amazed if you could get out of the contract without hassle if this was the cancellation treatment I had...
My contract runs out on 5th February 2016, going off this if I wrote to them I'd be able to cancel my contract? I received the text message on Friday with all this information in. So would I be eligible to a early get out of a shocking service
jlflanagan

My contract runs out on 5th February 2016, going off this if I wrote to … My contract runs out on 5th February 2016, going off this if I wrote to them I'd be able to cancel my contract? I received the text message on Friday with all this information in. So would I be eligible to a early get out of a shocking service

That's certainly what their website is saying, it's pretty clear cut and has been reported on engadget also.

I'm going to do my best to get out, yeah I'm not expecting it to be easy and I'm expecting to have to follow it up but for the sake of a grand over two years then it'll be worth it...
You need to get the specific text sent direct to you to enable cancel without etf.

When did you get the texts please as I've not had one since May about prices. That one mentioned free 0800 and 0845 going up to 23ppm.

This is last one I got :
From 1 July, Ofcom regulatory changes mean that calls to 080 numbers will be free from mobiles. As part of this, the cost of calling other numbers starting with 08, 09 and 118 will change. To see how these costs are calculated visit vdfn.co/ukcalling1
Edited by: "Qrunch" 22nd Jun 2015
no messages here on my 2 voda lines
deleted79467
s6 edge for £100 very hot bargain
steffcip

no messages here on my 2 voda lines

That's good, as I feared they may not message me and then claim they had.
I'm not sure whether to just wait for the text and see if get the no etf one or not.
It's not long until the price rise comes in so I'm surprised we haven't actually been told.
My last bill was generated 20/6 so I expected them to message prior to that date to maximise their chances of not falling foul of their previous 3 month 10% increase rule.
The engadget article suggests Vodafone are looking at customers last three month bills and recalculating them based on the new prices and then texting the customers where their bill would have increased 0.9%.

There's no source to confirm that this is what they are doing but I know I made quite a few 0845 calls last month so maybe that's why I got the text and some others haven't?

I just online chatted to see if the texts were on the way and after the usual contradiction - "no price increase at all" "oh yes the one from July 1st" "oh and the one in August"
They said customers are being notified since 15/6 by email/text.

I made lots of 0845 calls last month too so I'm pretty confident I'll escape - I'll await the text and see which version i get.
just wanted to check if anyone else hadn't heard yet - if i rock the boat in advance it'll cloud things as customer service are rubbish - as at least another person hasn't been told either i'll just wait.
How do I leave then? Is there a mailing address somewhere?
Actually it's on the text..thanks op I never usually read vodas texts!
It seems like the "customer service" staff on the other end of the phone and chat services are completely unaware of any price increases - these big companies dont seem to ever communicate anything internally therefore leading to the shoddy service we all get the hump with...!
So, basically, if you stay within your monthly allowance, or have unlimited calls/texts, you're not affected by this. It's only for those who rack up charges on calls/texts when they go over and above whatever allowance they have.
Edited by: "pm1983" 22nd Jun 2015
pm1983

So, basically, if you stay within your monthly allowance, or have … So, basically, if you stay within your monthly allowance, or have unlimited calls/texts, you're not affected by this. It's only for those who rack up charges on calls/texts when they go over and above whatever allowance they have.

I think we can still get out of the contract those without the text, they can't know we are not starting now to call 08 numbers which will cost us much more than we knew it would have when we took the contract
steffcip

I think we can still get out of the contract those without the text, they … I think we can still get out of the contract those without the text, they can't know we are not starting now to call 08 numbers which will cost us much more than we knew it would have when we took the contract

Good point.
I have unlimited mind, and never pay more than my monthly bill amount but I did receive a txt.
Anyone got a rough letter template to save me having to bite my tongue & refrain from calling them all the obscenities under the sun?

Absolute godsend this, 2 ombudsman complaints/solutions in 16 months & I'm now able to leave scot-free
I've got an s5 and got the exact text. Can't imagine they would take back the phone, my agreement was with the car phone warehouse.

Might try it and sell the phone taking out a new agreement with EE for a better deal.
Mikuru

Anyone got a rough letter template to save me having to bite my tongue & … Anyone got a rough letter template to save me having to bite my tongue & refrain from calling them all the obscenities under the sun?Absolute godsend this, 2 ombudsman complaints/solutions in 16 months & I'm now able to leave scot-free

Your Name
Your Address
Town
County
Post Code

Date

Vodafone Limited
The Connection
Newbury
Berkshire
RG14 2FN

To whom it may concern,

Out-of-bundle call charges – from 10 August 2015
Mobile number – XXXXXXXXXX

I am writing to you following a text message I received from Vodafone informing me that from 10th August 2015, Vodafone will be increasing the price I pay for some calls. I was directed to the Vodafone website that showed me the increases that will be coming into effect.

As these changes will increase my monthly bill by more than the retail price index (RPI 0.9%) I would like to exercise my right to end my agreement with Vodafone with no charge.

I should be grateful if you could please confirm to me in writing that my agreement with Vodafone will come to an end before the 10th August. Upon receiving this confirmation I shall call customer services and request a PAC code.

Please feel free to email confirmation to YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS or should you require any further details from me, please call me.

Kind regards

YOUR NAME

Dmc88

Your NameYour AddressTownCountyPost CodeDateVodafone LimitedThe … Your NameYour AddressTownCountyPost CodeDateVodafone LimitedThe ConnectionNewburyBerkshireRG14 2FNTo whom it may concern,Out-of-bundle call charges – from 10 August 2015Mobile number – XXXXXXXXXXI am writing to you following a text message I received from Vodafone informing me that from 10th August 2015, Vodafone will be increasing the price I pay for some calls. I was directed to the Vodafone website that showed me the increases that will be coming into effect.As these changes will increase my monthly bill by more than the retail price index (RPI 0.9%) I would like to exercise my right to end my agreement with Vodafone with no charge.I should be grateful if you could please confirm to me in writing that my agreement with Vodafone will come to an end before the 10th August. Upon receiving this confirmation I shall call customer services and request a PAC code.Please feel free to email confirmation to YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS or should you require any further details from me, please call me.Kind regardsYOUR NAME

Thanks, much appreciated
Do we know what happens to our handsets? I've a sneaking suspicion they'd send packaging for the phone to be returned before the agreement is cancelled.
http://www.vodafone.co.uk/campaigns/excess-charges/out-of-bundle-5b/

More direct and relevant to the masses.

You'd have to return the phone though. Usually a tariff is now broken down into cost allocation of phone and that to tariff (Tesco mobile give examples of this).

MyVodafone is down at the minute too so I can't check if I can opt out. Need a new deal and fed up on Voda.
fozzeh

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/campaigns/excess-charges/out-of-bundle-5b/More … http://www.vodafone.co.uk/campaigns/excess-charges/out-of-bundle-5b/More direct and relevant to the masses. You'd have to return the phone though. Usually a tariff is now broken down into cost allocation of phone and that to tariff (Tesco mobile give examples of this).MyVodafone is down at the minute too so I can't check if I can opt out. Need a new deal and fed up on Voda.

Voda don't do those tariffs. Just one charge for everything.
pm1983

Voda don't do those tariffs. Just one charge for everything.

Fine print they will...the T&C's will cover it.
JaYy_dOg

there is no way they will be letting customers keep the handsets too??? … there is no way they will be letting customers keep the handsets too??? they will loose so by doing this wont they?so you are saying they will let you off with a s6 edge for approx £100? :O

Loose or lose?
speedy2014

Loose or lose?

Loose mate, my pants are very loose ..they all falling off, do you have a spare belt I can borrow??

Obviously I meant lose oO
I'm on unlimited txt/mins and my contract is due to end in May 2016 but I received this txt. Never gone over my mins unless to call 0845 numbers very occasionally.

Actually really happy with Vodafone (never needed to ring them) but if I can get out of my contract early and keep my phone then that's a no brainer surely.

I bought through CPW on £34 for unlimited mins/txts and 3gb data. Interested to see what deals others are on who received this txt. The cynic in me suspects that I'm actually better off after the price changes because I heard that 0845 and 0800 numbers were going to be included in unlimited mins...
letter sent
let's see their response
JaYy_dOg

Loose mate, my pants are very loose ..they all falling off, do you have a … Loose mate, my pants are very loose ..they all falling off, do you have a spare belt I can borrow??Obviously I meant lose oO

Thats genuinely funny

So why write loose then?

Like when people write quite instead of quiet
Or quiet instead of quite
speedy2014

Thats genuinely funny :DSo why write loose then?Like when people write … Thats genuinely funny :DSo why write loose then?Like when people write quite instead of quietOr quiet instead of quite

It was a typo :L calm down.
steffcip

letter sent let's see their response

Let us know if you hear back. My letter was received Friday, if I don't hear anything by say close of play Thursday I'll be putting a follow up letter in the post - probably with a highlighted print out of the website enclosed.
speedy2014

Thats genuinely funny :DSo why write loose then?Like when people write … Thats genuinely funny :DSo why write loose then?Like when people write quite instead of quietOr quiet instead of quite

*That's
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants