Leaving BT due to price hike - Can i just switch without telling them?

Found 7th Aug
Im within the 30 days since i received the email informing me about the price increase. I want to switch to another provider, can I just do it? I dont wanna cancel and have no internet for a while.
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
1. Read your contract. Boring but it avoids getting shafted later.
2. Remember what you were told clearly and obviously about your liability for price rises as part of signing up. If it's in the Ts&Cs then it doesn't apply. It had to be right up there on the page where they advertised the fixed price. If you signed up for a fixed 12 months price and it did not say anything about having to accept a price rise, then you are covered.

Just leaving will open the door to penalty charges. You need to reject the price increase formally (in writing and keep a copy). Then you approach another supplier to take over your service.
when you cancel, you have to give 30 days notice anyway and they dont cut you off until day 30. In the meantime, switch to another provider. I got the email within my 12 month term, cancelled over the phone and they confirmed there wont be any cancellation charges.
Edited by: "chocci" 7th Aug
Great post guys thanks. It does say in the email that I can cancel.
You have to contact them first, otherwise they won't know you're switching due to the price rise and will bill you early termination charges.
Can't do anything if you are on a business contract....
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants