Leaving HUKD

Posted 8th May
I've decided that its time I left HUKD. I waste too much time online when I have other more important commitments. I've also realised that most of the deals that I buy are because they are deals rather than something that I need. More importantly I'm trying to control my expenditure.

Farewell....
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Funnily enough, I saw similar a few hours ago, whilst browsing a Facebook Fan Group I'm on (a female member saying goodbye, kinda saying why, and pretty much every reply was sarcastic, assuming she just wanted attention).

Maybe the OP is impulsive/compulsive and has financial stresses, so I'll choose the sympathetic option. Must admit I don't browse on here so often when I'm skint, but I love reading the informative comments some members offer. I get a bit dismayed how nasty some are just for lulz.

Not everyone on here is a multi or trolling.
Edited by: "louiselouise" 8th May
Heavily censored these days
Don't expect any sympathy from the clut members on here - as you can see by the comments so far. We are heading for the deepest recession in 300 years. HUKD is pure poison in that context.

There are no "Deals" here. Just very cleverly marketed offers in cahoots with retailers. The Martin Lewis site is much safer
Edited by: "anthony.james" 8th May
Don't quite understand the negative comments towards the op. They have realised something has a negative influence on their life and is doing something about it and they have the courtesy to say goodbye.

Goodbye op and stay safe.
Edited by: "m1keyp1key" 8th May
39 Comments
Shut the door on the way out
40675673-TB6IL.jpg
40675686-7fjbw.jpg
Possibly distorted vision?
Specsavers
Good on you for realizing you have a problem and taking the measures to prevent it, goodbye
Edited by: "Avocado_KitKat" 8th May
👋
Or stick with it and now you realise the problem, control yourself rather than your expenditure?
Elvis has left the building
Don't expect any sympathy from the clut members on here - as you can see by the comments so far. We are heading for the deepest recession in 300 years. HUKD is pure poison in that context.

There are no "Deals" here. Just very cleverly marketed offers in cahoots with retailers. The Martin Lewis site is much safer
Edited by: "anthony.james" 8th May
anthony.james08/05/2020 01:40

Don't expect any sympathy from the clut members on here - as you can see …Don't expect any sympathy from the clut members on here - as you can see by the comments so far. We are heading for the deepest recession in 300 years. HUKD is pure poison in that context.There are no "Deals" here. Just very cleverly marketed offers in cahoots with retailers.

Eh? I have posted loads of deals that have nothing to do with HUKDs & purely for the financial benefit of the users.
Funnily enough, I saw similar a few hours ago, whilst browsing a Facebook Fan Group I'm on (a female member saying goodbye, kinda saying why, and pretty much every reply was sarcastic, assuming she just wanted attention).

Maybe the OP is impulsive/compulsive and has financial stresses, so I'll choose the sympathetic option. Must admit I don't browse on here so often when I'm skint, but I love reading the informative comments some members offer. I get a bit dismayed how nasty some are just for lulz.

Not everyone on here is a multi or trolling.
Edited by: "louiselouise" 8th May

Don't expect any sympathy from the clut members on here - as you can see …Don't expect any sympathy from the clut members on here - as you can see by the comments so far. We are heading for the deepest recession in 300 years. HUKD is pure poison in that context.

Some would say in both contexts.

There are no "Deals" here. Just very cleverly marketed offers in cahoots …There are no "Deals" here. Just very cleverly marketed offers in cahoots with retailers. The Martin Lewis site is much safer

Then where’s my cheque for the deals I have posted?!

See ya @DistortedVision . All the best. Hope it helps.
Agree with you that you waste too much time on here because it’s addictive, in fact I think I spend 1 & half or more hours a day on here, even middle of the night after my loo break!

But I’m sure you will be back
agreed that the site isn't what it used to be.. but there's still a few gems to be had (if you're quick enough). I seldom buy from deals on here now (prob cos I really question whether I need it) but also, I think a majority is targeted to a much younger audience (I.e. gaming etc) Amazon finds are good.. esp if on prime already. see ya op. no doubt youll have a healthier bank balance at the end of it
louiselouise08/05/2020 01:50

Funnily enough, I saw similar a few hours ago, whilst browsing a Facebook …Funnily enough, I saw similar a few hours ago, whilst browsing a Facebook Fan Group I'm on (a female member saying goodbye, kinda saying why, and pretty much every reply was sarcastic, assuming she just wanted attention).Maybe the OP is impulsive/compulsive and has financial stresses, so I'll choose the sympathetic option. Must admit I don't browse on here so often when I'm skint, but I love reading the informative comments some members offer. I get a bit dismayed how nasty some are just for lulz.Not everyone on here is a multi or trolling.

You’re such a kind person.. I was just about to comment ‘ Bye then’
Misslovely08/05/2020 02:28

Agree with you that you waste too much time on here because it’s a …Agree with you that you waste too much time on here because it’s addictive, in fact I think I spend 1 & half or more hours a day on here, even middle of the night after my loo break! But I’m sure you will be back

You are right- I’ve paid for wifi on holidays, checked work emails, then whatsapp, then hukd.. to see the latest offers on groceries when I’m 1000s miles away. I can’t help it. There’s worse habits though
I'm always skint. It still doesn't stop me popping on here at 3:44 am.

Don't expect any sympathy from the clut members on here - as you can see …Don't expect any sympathy from the clut members on here - as you can see by the comments so far. We are heading for the deepest recession in 300 years. HUKD is pure poison in that context.There are no "Deals" here. Just very cleverly marketed offers in cahoots with retailers. The Martin Lewis site is much safer

Huh? I was being supportive of the OP.
There's still a deals section?
Edited by: "chocci" 8th May
I completely understand why the OP is leaving. HUKD is a part of social media and the addiction, with the accompanying cost, is real. I have personally seen someone suffer, along with the rest of their family. It took over a year for this person to get their life back on track.

I wish you well @DistortedVision
chocci08/05/2020 05:42

Yeah in the History category .
I don’t use this site as often as I used to since the FS/FT section went. That was my real addiction on here and I still miss it to this day. Was a brilliant way to pick up bargains and get rid of gear too. I still don’t know why it went
Wish you good luck with controlling your spending OP
deleted1223078
Why don't you just put in keywords for things you are interested in and only look at them on your feed. Like mine are Nike trainers, lego, pop figures ect
Then I only buy things that I / kids collect at big discounted prices.
I also just type in Amazon for any bargains.
Don't quite understand the negative comments towards the op. They have realised something has a negative influence on their life and is doing something about it and they have the courtesy to say goodbye.

Goodbye op and stay safe.
Edited by: "m1keyp1key" 8th May
m1keyp1key08/05/2020 07:46

Don't quite understand the negative comments towards the op. They have …Don't quite understand the negative comments towards the op. They have realised something has a negative influence on their life and is doing something about it and they have the courtesy to say goodbye. Goodbye op and stay safe.

Since lockdown I’ve seen this place has become a lot more negative. I’ve even got one dude commenting on a post basically celebrating how right he was about the large numbers of deaths.
chocci08/05/2020 05:42

I wander around it now and again
@DistortedVision If you are 100% done, make sure you remember to delete your account and then wait out the month - otherwise you might have the urge to return.
louiselouise08/05/2020 01:50

Funnily enough, I saw similar a few hours ago, whilst browsing a Facebook …Funnily enough, I saw similar a few hours ago, whilst browsing a Facebook Fan Group I'm on (a female member saying goodbye, kinda saying why, and pretty much every reply was sarcastic, assuming she just wanted attention).Maybe the OP is impulsive/compulsive and has financial stresses, so I'll choose the sympathetic option. Must admit I don't browse on here so often when I'm skint, but I love reading the informative comments some members offer. I get a bit dismayed how nasty some are just for lulz.Not everyone on here is a multi or trolling.

Fair play there. Gotta be on guard against so-called "mob mentality" taking over no matter how liberal minded an individual you may think you are. Thought this was a good read :
bbc.co.uk/new…643
I understand where the OP is coming from - it’s easy to get sucked into buying things you do not actually need - it’s a common theme in many threads.

You could use the MSE mantra
If you’re skint - do I need it? Can I afford it?
If you’re not skint - will I use it? Is it worth it?

If in any doubt - wait an hour or so (or overnight) by then you may have changed your mind or if it’s a good deal it will have sold out (no more problem)
Edited by: "gari189" 8th May
chrisjackson08/05/2020 09:30

Fair play there. Gotta be on guard against so-called "mob mentality" …Fair play there. Gotta be on guard against so-called "mob mentality" taking over no matter how liberal minded an individual you may think you are. Thought this was a good read :https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24653643

Yes interesting. It triggered a memory of when I once hired a car in the US which appeared to have a small Confederate flag on its number plates. May have registered in Mississippi or something. Thought nothing if it but started to get some funny looks and remarks while touring Vermont.
I can understand why, sometimes deals are hard to resist. I’m sure you will be missed though, as you have posted lots of deals and helped others with your comments and links. All the best. Bet you have a sneaky peak now and then though!

Don't expect any sympathy from the clut members on here - as you can see …Don't expect any sympathy from the clut members on here - as you can see by the comments so far. We are heading for the deepest recession in 300 years. HUKD is pure poison in that context.There are no "Deals" here. Just very cleverly marketed offers in cahoots with retailers. The Martin Lewis site is much safer

I'm off MSE since they now delete entire threads and all the posts in them, if a moderator doesn't like something.
Right now they have gone we can post the good deals.
adamnsu08/05/2020 01:11

Getting ready to merge with HotPRCDeals ...

That's a very sweeping statement and who are you calling cluts exactly?! the cheek! and I note you've not posted any deals but that doesn't mean the many thousands of us that do post are getting any financial rewards, we're not. Yes clearly the site earns money from some click throughs and some of the deals posted are a bit questionable that the rest of us might have moderated out but that's how the site works, it's a business run site and not a charity site, you just have to have a bit of common sense to pick the deals that benefit you and if HUKD makes a little profit too that pays for their investment in the site. I
Edited by: "spannerzone" 8th May
Don't go we need you!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions