leaving virgin media

Decided to leave virgin media, does anyone know if i need to return their router?

16 Comments

maybe not the router depending how new it is but they will want their tivo box if you have one they send someone round your house to collect it so theres no messing about having to send it off.

Technically yes, as like all companies you are loaning it. They are normally quite particular about equipment being returned. Have you actually left yet? They may send you a box for it

when I left virgin media they sent a prepaid package for me to return everything including any plugs and cables.

Original Poster

thanks a lot for the advice. no i haven't left yet, but leaving in a month from now. Strange thing is that i talked with them on their online chat, they told me what my final bill will be, but they never mentioned anything about the tivo box or the router (and i forgot to ask).

Might as well send it back anyway, cant ever be used again for anything.

when I left they said I had to return everything. which was tiv box, extra box, router, plugs and the hmdi cables. they sent out a large bag and I had to take to a click and collect point.

Like others here, when I left I received prepaid packaging for all the items they wanted returned.
The list was 'everything we loaned you' so the router and TiVo etc.

Why they want those old tivo boxes back is a joke. Virgin should be fined for advertising them as having youtube, netflix, bbc iplayer, etc... It's like it's trying to run them via a zx81 cpu.

I cancel them in September said they would send me packet to return box etc. I am still waiting for refund of money they owe me. Only thing I keep getting is bills and default notice!!! I have phoned them loads of times taken notes of date and who I have spoken to .Sent recorded letters all I get is empty promises. I got told of communications ombudsman and they cannot help because they only accept complaints for investigation about companies that have agreed to participate in the scheme !!

I chatted online and they said discard the equipment! Didn't believe them so put it in the garage and two weeks later I got a prepaid package asking for all their stuff back saying it was worth £150 if not returned.

I guess it depends on the age of the equipment. I still have my superhub one sitting on my dining room table

Email them and ask. I did! They told me to "recycle" it at a recycling centre. I have kept the email so if ever they claim I haven't returned it,and try to charge me, I can tell them to swing for it.

Reading1800

I chatted online and they said discard the equipment! Didn't believe them … I chatted online and they said discard the equipment! Didn't believe them so put it in the garage and two weeks later I got a prepaid package asking for all their stuff back saying it was worth £150 if not returned.

This. Even a few of the phone operators will say don't worry about it just to recycle it etc.

Not true at all anymore, they give you so long to return and if they don't receive it they will charge you for it.

From experience, if you've had the equipment for more than a year it is yours. They are supposed to collect it under the WEEE recycling directive. Don't know of any one ever being fined for not returning it

Gynx

This. Even a few of the phone operators will say don't worry about it … This. Even a few of the phone operators will say don't worry about it just to recycle it etc. Not true at all anymore, they give you so long to return and if they don't receive it they will charge you for it.

​unless you have evidence they told you to recycle it....as I do.

artnada

​unless you have evidence they told you to recycle it....as I do.

Good choice.

Its best to record every conversation with Virgin.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. USC voucher code pls?23
    2. No Vega deals around - pre-order for Vega 56?23
    3. I think I'm being scammed on Paypal?811
    4. Nintendo Switch Game Cases34

See more discussions