Leaving Virgin Media and rejoining with partner's name

Posted 20th Dec 2019
Hi All,

Currently paying £39.50 for 200MB which was £36 until about 3 months ago, I called up customer service thinking I can get a good deal only to be told my bill will be going up £41.50 by next month!
I couldn't believe it meanwhile new customers are being offer 200MB for £33 and 350MB for £38.

Being out of contract I told him to disconnect me and my disconnection date is 19th Jan. I want to take advantage of the new customer deal and sign up for a new 200/350MB deals, but am not sure if I can pick a date (20 Jan) while placing the order although I saw this in the ordering process "Avoid installation fees with our QuickStart self-installation kit. A Virgin Media account already exists at this address, so we will need to delay sending your kit for 14 days while we close this account."
So my questions are:-
1 Can I place an order now for installation 30 days later?

2 Can I pick a date I want the service to be active?

Thanks in advance.
Community Updates

Groups

16 Comments
When I phoned up to provide my 30 days notice a few month ago they gave me a ring back a few days later to offer me a deal if I agree to a 12 month contract - You will likely get this too.
Gormond20/12/2019 12:26

When I phoned up to provide my 30 days notice a few month ago they gave me …When I phoned up to provide my 30 days notice a few month ago they gave me a ring back a few days later to offer me a deal if I agree to a 12 month contract - You will likely get this too.

Thanks for the info, I would rather they give me a discount if it saves me going down the route of rejoining.

Out of interest, how much of a deal were you offered by the loyalty team?
saayinla20/12/2019 12:30

Thanks for the info, I would rather they give me a discount if it saves me …Thanks for the info, I would rather they give me a discount if it saves me going down the route of rejoining.Out of interest, how much of a deal were you offered by the loyalty team?

£46/month for 200Mb internet and Full House TV - It was £80/month.

Not the best deal I have seen on here but better than what I was paying - also the deal lasts 18 month even though the contract is 12 which I thought was odd.
Edited by: "Gormond" 20th Dec 2019
Gormond20/12/2019 12:34

£46/month for 200Mb internet and Full House TV - It was £80/month.

Good enough. many thanks for your prompt response.
saayinla20/12/2019 12:34

Good enough. many thanks for your prompt response.

I threatened to leave and rejoin under partner's name. Guy threatened me with all sorts and said he would place some red flag on my account to prevent me from doing so.

So dont tell them of your plans!!
Edited by: "Gollywood" 20th Dec 2019
Gollywood20/12/2019 12:43

I threatened to leave and rejoin under partner's name. Guy threatened me …I threatened to leave and rejoin under partner's name. Guy threatened me with all sorts and said he would place some red flag on my account to prevent me from doing so.So dont tell them of your plans!!

What an idiot. Virgin media are not even trying to hide the fact they are actively trying to fleece their old customers been with them for about 4-5 years
saayinla20/12/2019 12:52

What an idiot. Virgin media are not even trying to hide the fact they are …What an idiot. Virgin media are not even trying to hide the fact they are actively trying to fleece their old customers been with them for about 4-5 years

I've been with them under their various guises since 2001
Edited by: "Gollywood" 20th Dec 2019
Did you speak to retentions or just general customer service?

I always get a fair deal when I ring up every year or two, be polite and helpful and they'll do the same in return.
Just wait for the call back - say no to their first offer and say you were hoping for something less - they always have a final offer available. Do you really need 200MB - I dropped down to 100MB and can't say I've noticed any difference - I pay £24.50/month now (just gone up £2.50/month).

i suggested I was going to get a Three Mobile deal which was £22/month (now cheaper) and they matched that price when I had my call back - so have an alternative cheaper package from someone else in mind ready for their call.
saayinla20/12/2019 12:52

What an idiot. Virgin media are not even trying to hide the fact they are …What an idiot. Virgin media are not even trying to hide the fact they are actively trying to fleece their old customers been with them for about 4-5 years

Yeah this really annoys me about Virgin Media, they should reward loyal customers.
They'll call back at least twice, did it to me but both deals were bum. My mate works for Virgin and got them to call me, it was in my mothers name but cancelled and joined in mine. Hers was cancelled on the 13th and mine active on the 14th.
I'm paying £29 for 100m TV and phone
Gormond20/12/2019 12:34

£46/month for 200Mb internet and Full House TV - It was £80/month.Not the b …£46/month for 200Mb internet and Full House TV - It was £80/month.Not the best deal I have seen on here but better than what I was paying - also the deal lasts 18 month even though the contract is 12 which I thought was odd.

Same agreement as ours, we have phone thrown in as well.

The 12 month contract, 18nmonth deal works well as its on a month to month basis and you're in no rush to find the best deal after that.
In a similar situation, I was offered a few pounds off an increasing price - cancelled and in the 30-day notice period received numerous calls offering a better deal, which I eventually accepted.
Edited by: "Bluefusion" 20th Dec 2019
Thanks all for the swift response. Its very clear now what I will have to do.
So had a call from a slightly lovely lady this morning, she wanted to offer to the same deal for £34 and I insisted am not even asking to pay less which if I was would not be asking for too much but the least you can go is let me pay the same as a new customer, and then she was like go on then.

All done and dusted. thanks all.
Gollywood20/12/2019 12:43

I threatened to leave and rejoin under partner's name. Guy threatened me …I threatened to leave and rejoin under partner's name. Guy threatened me with all sorts and said he would place some red flag on my account to prevent me from doing so.So dont tell them of your plans!!

They said the same to me but still done it and not had any problems
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions