Leaving Virgin Media and Their Super Rude Staff!!!

Found 20th Dec 2013
Well is it me or do virgin media have the rudest staff this side of the universe or what?
After what must be well over 15 years of service(NTL days included) i was met by the most arrogant wadd i have ever spoke to.
He had a answer for everything and over talked at my every word ,when i asked to leave his tone changed again.
In the end i had to force him to close my account as i'm sick to the teeth of the permanent price increases.
Now the problem is who can recommend a decent value BB plan with or without a landline.
Cheers In advance.
Community Updates
19 Comments
You really only have Sky or BT to go for ( i know there are a few others but you still need a BT line)
You get it across the board.

You get these moronic staff that start to quote terms and conditions and engage in a battle of wills and believe they can act all assertive with you.

Had it with some idiot at tmobile.
Find a small ISP, you will get far better service.
Virgin retention team will defiantly be in touch within 7 days trying to find out why your leaving and they will give you a very improved offer I had similar experience the customer service is poor but retention team seem to be on a different planet to them they were very helpfull for me anyway.
yeah retentions are very good to be fair
Good customer service is very hard to find nowadays.
Mark2111

Good customer service is very hard to find nowadays.

Indeed, I am happy to pay a little more to get good customer service.(_;)
It seems the OP was only complaining about the price rises so I'm not surprised CS fobbed him off with answers. If you're not happy with the cost then just cancel, it's just plain cheeky haggling for a reduction in price.

I'm happy to pay that bit extra for VM BB as it's the best around. Fast, consistent speed and very little downtime. Yes there are cheaper services out there but don't come moaning on here when you're getting 2mbps on a 30mbps line and the connection is dropping all the time.
Edited by: "KillFelix" 20th Dec 2013
Have to agree with others retentions are fantastic.
Ring them on a mobile and record the conversation explaining to them before starting that its for 'told you so' purposes, gets you good service every time.
I have been with BT for years. I live in a semi-rural location and work alot from home so depend on a stable & good BB which has always been the case for me!

They may not be the best price (just renewing mine today - see below) but happy to stay due to service and customer service is not that bad in my experience.

BB Unlimited - £13.64
Line Rental - £15.99
Eve & Weekend Calls package - £2
Total: £31.64
mork-09

I have been with BT for years. I live in a semi-rural location and work … I have been with BT for years. I live in a semi-rural location and work alot from home so depend on a stable & good BB which has always been the case for me!They may not be the best price (just renewing mine today - see below) but happy to stay due to service and customer service is not that bad in my experience.BB Unlimited - £13.64Line Rental - £15.99Eve & Weekend Calls package - £2Total: £31.64

BT has just about the very worst customer service of them all.

£15.99 for line rental is daylight robbery.
I have just received my letter informing me of their price increase and it seems that you can get a good deal just by phoning up and threaten to cancel.
If the service was spot on then a little price rise is o.k but mine has been worse over the last few months so the price increase is not warranted.
To be honest i was only after decent deal as i have never called them in absolute years and i am unsure if your aware but virgin are set to increase prices as of 1st of February yet again.
Most from what i read on here move around ISP's every few years so i thought i would call them....his pure arrogance prompted me to tell them to stick it

Whats BT's fibre service called?

i wouldnt mind changing from Virgin, nothing to do with service as they have been good with me since ive been with them and as killfelix said, they provide a spot on service. only problem is, their 'junction' box just stays there and then i'll have to install another one from the new provider. How are providers with installing the 'junction' boxes which feed in the service in a cellar?
I've always found VM to be very polite almost to the point of brown nosing.
VM I find brilliant, I'm paying for 60mb with no line rental for £26, and they also said your speeds are going up to 100mb next year at no extra cost. So that's a really good price for 100mb, until the price increases in February anyway
I was quoted more than the above for 60mb.
As for polite believe me he was on the verge of getting a gob full
I have a month anyway to find better and if all else fails i will go back in the Mrs's name and reap the new customer rewards.
good luck I no many people who left and are counting down the days to come back

you've veen warned
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants