Leaving Virgin media issue

Posted 21st Dec 2019
Hey guys I gave my 30 notice via their website over a month ago. I gave it twice because I didn't get an email acknowledgement and thought they give that, but it seems they don't. Anyway I called up to stop billing me and they are saying I haven't given them notice. They say they have no record of anything. I'm already with now broadband and effectively paying two now. Surely they should have a record of all the complaints through online site otherwise they go unresolved. What do I do? Spoke to them 4 times they aren't having it and cut the line 3 times on me.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
What happened when you submitted the form? Did it give you a reference number?
Edited by: "Bluefusion" 21st Dec 2019
This is why I ring them even though I can’t understand them
I did exactly the same thing with Virgin. I phoned them to cancelled 30 days prior to leaving them. I immediately received a text message and email confirming this. My account went to PAYG on the cancellation day. Everything went smoothly for me. I'm watching my Bank Account though.
Bluefusion21/12/2019 14:25

What happened when you submitted the form? Did it give you a reference …What happened when you submitted the form? Did it give you a reference number?

It said we have received your complaint.
Arto21/12/2019 14:35

This is why I ring them even though I can’t understand them

I called them initially to cancel but I was on hold forever then once someone picked up they were going through deals for 20mins then they said if I wanted to keep my number I have to first transfer my line then give the notice. So I transferred my line and gave my notice through web form as I don't have half a day to be on the phone again.
MR112321/12/2019 14:48

I called them initially to cancel but I was on hold forever then once …I called them initially to cancel but I was on hold forever then once someone picked up they were going through deals for 20mins then they said if I wanted to keep my number I have to first transfer my line then give the notice. So I transferred my line and gave my notice through web form as I don't have half a day to be on the phone again.

Put a case on Resolver and it should be sorted within a week or 2
Ring up customer relations , the muppets on normal line won’t help you
Arto21/12/2019 14:51

Put a case on Resolver and it should be sorted within a week or 2

Thanks will do this tomorrow.
ashmac21/12/2019 15:29

Ring up customer relations , the muppets on normal line won’t help you

I think that is the department I spoke to. Google search says to get this department you pick the leave virgin option which I did. Their number is 0345, not a free one unfortunately but next time I call, I'll ask thanks.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions